[SOLVED] I have an idea but don't know if it works.

Aug 11, 2020
I have an intel i3-2100 and a GTX 1650 Super which is bottlenecked by the CPU. I used to have a gtx 950 and there is no bottleneck whatsoever but changing to gtx 1650super made me lose a lot of fps, my idea is my GPU is more powerful then the gtx 950 is there a way to make it run like a gtx 950 so i can reduce bottlenecking? I don't need all of the extra fps, I am having fewer fps than before when I used to run gtx 950.

if this doesn't work, how can I reduce the bottleneck I just want to play on stable fps that's all.

Solution
I have an intel i3-2100, GTX 1650super which is a CPU bottleneck, I used to have a gtx 950 and there is no bottleneck whatsoever but changing to gtx 1650super made me lose a lot of fps, my idea is my GPU is more powerful then the gtx 950 is there a way to make it run like a gtx 950 so i can reduce bottlenecking? I don't need all of the extra fps, I am having fewer fps than before when I used to run gtx 950.

if this doesn't work, how can I reduce the bottleneck I just want to play on stable fps that's all.
That won't work, it may reduce bottleneck by slowimg GPU but that's not going to improve overall performance. You should be able to get a 2600(k) or even 3xxx for cheap if your MB supports it.
I have an intel i3-2100, GTX 1650super which is a CPU bottleneck, I used to have a gtx 950 and there is no bottleneck whatsoever but changing to gtx 1650super made me lose a lot of fps, my idea is my GPU is more powerful then the gtx 950 is there a way to make it run like a gtx 950 so i can reduce bottlenecking? I don't need all of the extra fps, I am having fewer fps than before when I used to run gtx 950.

That won't work, it may reduce bottleneck by slowimg GPU but that's not going to improve overall performance. You should be able to get a 2600(k) or even 3xxx for cheap if your MB supports it.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
I have an intel i3-2100 and a GTX 1650 Super which is bottlenecked by the CPU. I used to have a gtx 950 and there is no bottleneck whatsoever but changing to gtx 1650super made me lose a lot of fps, my idea is my GPU is more powerful then the gtx 950 is there a way to make it run like a gtx 950 so i can reduce bottlenecking? I don't need all of the extra fps, I am having fewer fps than before when I used to run gtx 950.

Adding in a better part, the 1650 vs the 950, if you keep the game settings the same...does NOT reduce performance.