Question I have an internet connected router, a wifi adapter, another spare router. Need help to get the best possible speed to my bedroom

hyrudigan

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
I have an internet connected router, a wifi adapter, another spare router. Need help to get the best possible speed to my bedroom.

The internet connected router is in the living room, which is approx 15 ft away from my pc, which is in a different room. The wifi speed drops from 50 mbps to 10 mbps in this distance.

I have a wifi adapter of dlink and a dlink dir 600m router. The internet connected router is Jio Giga fiber router. How can i the max output from this?(Via making router repeater/acces point)?

When you are that close and get poor signal your wall are likely absorbing all the signals.

A repeater is not some magic device. If you put it in the room with the router it will get good signals but then it still will not be able to repeat the signal through the walls any better than the router can. if you put it in your room it receive the same crappy wifi signal your PC does and then repeats the signal making it worse. Your PC may see more signal level but the quality of the signal is still bad because it can't receive the data.

The only way these partially work would be if the router was one end of the house and your room at the other. You could put a repeater in mid way and it "might" help, there are many downsides to using repeaters.

As stated you likely are best off trying to find a way to physically get past the wall. If there is no way possible to run ethernet, be really sure since ethernet is your best option. you could try a pair of powerline network devices. The newer technology based on av2 works well in most houses but there is that rare house that has issues with the electrical power and it doesn't