Question I have an issue where my computer will just randomly freeze, and stay like this until I fully power off my pc.

Nov 10, 2022
For the last few months, my pc has been randomly freezing when I'm playing games. I have a Ryzen 7 3700x CPU, 32GB of RAM, and a 2080 Super graphics card and I've had this pc for around 2-3 years and have never had this problem before. I'll just be playing, and then my monitor will freeze completely. Sometimes I can still hear the game in the background, but I can't Ctrl + Alt + Delete or anything. After shutting off my pc manually, and turning it back on, only my keyboard and mouse will turn on, but my monitor says that the display is off, and I usually have to cycle shutting it on and off around 3 times until my monitor works again. I'm able to use the computer again for a while until this problem happens again. I originally thought it was a monitor issue, but I think it's probably a graphics card issue due to the fact that it only happens in game, seemingly at points where I have a high GPU load. I've updated my drivers, my computer has plenty of storage space, and the temps on my gpu and cpu are fine while I'm playing. I've also mainly been playing Overwatch 2, which my computer is definitely able to handle. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age? BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? What OS are you working with? If you're on Windows 10, please include the version(not edition) of the OS.

Nov 10, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age? BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? What OS are you working with? If you're on Windows 10, please include the version(not edition) of the OS.

The PSU is a Corsair RM750 2019 750 W 80+ Gold, my BIOS mode is UEFI and the version is "American Megatrends Inc. 1407, 4/1/2020. I'm seeing the 2020, so is the BIOS version not being updated the problem here? Also, the OS is Windows 10 Home version "10.0.19044 Build 19044. Thanks for helping me out.

Nov 10, 2022
I forgot to ask what the make and model of your motherboard was/is. Please include the make and model of your storage drives as well.

The motherboard is an ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4. The storage is a Western Digital Blue SN550 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive

Lutfij

Titan
If you're indeed on BIOS version 1407, you have a tonne of updates pending. Just to be clear the PSU was purchased in 2019? The RM has a couple of versions out there, hence the question, not to confuse the version with the age of the PSU.

Nov 10, 2022
If you're indeed on BIOS version 1407, you have a tonne of updates pending. Just to be clear the PSU was purchased in 2019? The RM has a couple of versions out there, hence the question, not to confuse the version with the age of the PSU.

I bought everything together, and I believe I bought it somewhere around 2019-2020. My RM model is a 2019 model though. Also, where do I update my BIOS?