[SOLVED] i have an issue with my motherboard, screen is showinh nothing a

Apr 22, 2021
hello! first of all id like to clarify that i dont know much about computers, but i changed my gpu and motherboard. mu first issue was with what i think is called BIOS screen? basically the config of the motherboard. whenever i started my pc the screen showef me that and i couldnt get out no matter what i clicked. i selected default settings and exit: nothing. exit without ssving: nothing. it always directed me to that BIOS screen. i started messing with the config and ensbled secure boot and in platform key update i updated one. now my computer doesnt show anything. not even a black screen, it just says no signal... so i had a problem and i msde it even worse bc i cant do snything at all if the screen shows nothing.. i dont know what to do snd i fear losing all my photos and documents i had before chsnging the motherboard. i cant even put on my older motherboard and gpu bc i sold it! please help and remember that i dont know much at all about hardware and software..

Solution
hello! first of all id like to clarify that i dont know much about computers, but i changed my gpu and motherboard. mu first issue was with what i think is called BIOS screen? basically the config of the motherboard. whenever i started my pc the screen showef me that and i couldnt get out no matter what i clicked. i selected default settings and exit: nothing. exit without ssving: nothing. it always directed me to that BIOS screen. i started messing with the config and ensbled secure boot and in platform key update i updated one. now my computer doesnt show anything. not even a black screen, it just says no signal... so i had a problem and i msde it even worse bc i cant do snything at all if the screen shows nothing.. i dont know...
hello! first of all id like to clarify that i dont know much about computers, but i changed my gpu and motherboard. mu first issue was with what i think is called BIOS screen? basically the config of the motherboard. whenever i started my pc the screen showef me that and i couldnt get out no matter what i clicked. i selected default settings and exit: nothing. exit without ssving: nothing. it always directed me to that BIOS screen. i started messing with the config and ensbled secure boot and in platform key update i updated one. now my computer doesnt show anything. not even a black screen, it just says no signal... so i had a problem and i msde it even worse bc i cant do snything at all if the screen shows nothing.. i dont know what to do snd i fear losing all my photos and documents i had before chsnging the motherboard. i cant even put on my older motherboard and gpu bc i sold it! please help and remember that i dont know much at all about hardware and software..

OK...some background first. What was your motherboard/cpu/memory/gpu/psu/drive configuration before the upgrade? and what is it in the current system?

Secondly: you probably need to re-install windows since the motherboard changed--plan on it, actually. Even if you don't you probably need to identify the drive that Windows is installed on as the 'boot' drive.

Third: even if you get it to boot Windows it might say you need to validate it as it's license is frequently keyed to the motherboard.

Also: be sure to reset CMOS even on a brand new motherboard.

Last edited:
Solution