[SOLVED] I have an old OEM system, Dell Optiplex 3010. Can I run a rx570 in this system with no issues?

Feb 17, 2020
Ive heard that legacy boot and NON-UEFI systems have had trouble even getting to the bios with RX series radeon cards in these systems. And I am wondering if that has been fixed or if i will have an issue with the 500x series other than the 400x series, because thats all ive heard the issues for is the 400x line up.

I have found a really good priced retail card on Newegg for 119.99. Its a ROG Strix Rx570 and i really hope i can use that in this here system of mine.

Solution
Its really a chance thing. OEM systems can be picky sometimes, all Dell MT systems seem to be the best.

My 3010 board has worked with all the GPUs i have thrown at it.

Ranging from 10 years old to 3 years old.
Feb 17, 2020
this was also a reply on the listing on newegg aswell so this gives me hope

Confirmed Working on Legacy Bios Motherboard!1/12/2019 1:02:27 PM
Pros: This RX570 was plug and play for me. Confirmed working on legacy bios motherboard ASUS M4A87TD EVO with bios version 2001 dated 3/08/2011. OS: Windows 7 64 bit. I had problems with my HD5570 display drivers seemingly getting corrupted. No version I tried worked (I did use DDU as well) so I did some research and came across a little gem of information below (This may apply only to us Legacy Bios owners):

Some versions of Catalyst Control Center WOULD NOT update PCI Express drivers in windows/device manager. THIS caused no version of Catalyst I tried to work. In Device Manager, under System Devices there will be one of two entries. (3GIO) Filter or PCI Bus. 3GIO is the old one and needs to be updated to PCI Bus in order for newer versions of display drivers to work. I think this issue is why some people assume a newer generation of GPU will not work on legacy bios motherboards if the PCI Express driver is outdated? I'm not certain.

There is a guide online on how to update this but I think Newegg policy does not allow links. So I'll try and describe in short: Open properties on the system device in question (3GIO) filter if you have it, click update driver and browse to the folder where you downloaded your version of display drivers for your version of operating system. Let Windows update the driver. Once it is updated to PCI Bus restart your computer and than install your display drivers. I hope this helps some people out there!
Cons: None yet!

Feb 17, 2020
It will work fine.

My RX580 works fine in my system with a 3010 motherboard

Is it like a chance thing or can you guarantee that it will work, because i dont wont to mess some <Mod Edit> up. i know its a low chance of it doing anything bad but i just want to be sure.

Last edited by a moderator: