[SOLVED] I have an RTX 2060 with a R5 2600x and I'm experiencing a 60% cpu usage with a 20-30% gpu usage. Does anyone know why?

Jan 20, 2021
I have looked on bottleneck calculators and it said there is a 2% bottleneck so I dont know why I'm getting these numbers. I got these numbers through fortnite with all low settings at 1080p. I seem to get random hitches and it's pretty often.

Solution
I have looked on bottleneck calculators and it said there is a 2% bottleneck so I dont know why I'm getting these numbers. I got these numbers through fortnite with all low settings at 1080p. I seem to get random hitches and it's pretty often.

Yeah, bottleneck calculators don't even give you a general idea of anything, they are absolute junk.

It sounds to me like you have a weak CPU; please list your full system specs, otherwise I'll just be guessing at the problem.

Yeah, bottleneck calculators don't even give you a general idea of anything, they are absolute junk.

It sounds to me like you have a weak CPU; please list your full system specs, otherwise I'll just be guessing at the problem.

Reactions: Unolocogringo
Solution
What you described is s normal if running low settings in a game that is not gpu demanding. Total cpu usage is fairly meaningless, you need to monitor all cores/threads. It only takes 1 at 100% to limit performance while total cpu usage can be much lower.

Oh and don’t use bottleneck calculators. They are complete misleading garbage.

Reactions: Unolocogringo