[SOLVED] I have an ugly problem

Jul 15, 2019
Cómo se pronuncia

I bought a used GPU, a GTX 980ti STRIX. When I put it in my machine, a blue stripes appear, it is quite hot as soon as I turn on the PC and it generates an error in the windows: Video TDR Failure and it is renounced if I can enter windows. If I change the GPU for another everything works normal. Anyone know what this problem can be? Thank you very much, sorry for my English.

Solution
If the used GPU does not work, overheats and generates an error, then the used GPU is likely faulty.

And the fact that a second GPU did work is all the more proof.
Certainly could be a bad card, but I have a few more questions. How hot does it get? Some degree of heat is normal on certain GPU cards. If it is this one, then the 0dB feature means the fans don't spin at idle: https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/STRIXGTX980TIDC3OC6GD5GAMING/

Did you uninstall the old GPU drivers before using the new card? I'm thinking if you are lucky this might only be a software related problem. Also, what is the model number of your PSU?

Jul 15, 2019
Certainly could be a bad card, but I have a few more questions. How hot does it get? Some degree of heat is normal on certain GPU cards. If it is this one, then the 0dB feature means the fans don't spin at idle: https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/STRIXGTX980TIDC3OC6GD5GAMING/

Did you uninstall the old GPU drivers before using the new card? I'm thinking if you are lucky this might only be a software related problem. Also, what is the model number of your PSU?
Hello! thanks for your help. It is hot to the touch in the backplate, it is very rare because I just started the system, I really do not check if the fans were walking because I could not enter windows and did not pay attention. With respect to the drivers, I don't uninstall them at the moment I have a 1070 and I go to a 980ti because I sold the 1070, however other times and I installed a 750ti and there were no startup problems, if I had to update drivers but with correct starts. The source with the work is an NZXT hale82 v2 700w