I have an windows xp and my firewall doesnt open. It says windows firewall cannot be displayed cause the service isnt running

lgordon1992

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013
I have an windows xp and my firewall doesnt work. I have tried everything. Nakeder removal. Nothing works. I can't even factory reset or restore it.

Solution
Find a CD or buy XP. XP is very old so you might get it for free. You might need to re-load Windows anyway so you'll need media.

DeadRam

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
The Firewall applet in Control Panel should start the service but you can start it manually. Place the mouse pointer on the Computer icon (desktop on in start menu) and click the right mouse button. Choose Manage. Look for services and scroll down to Firewall service. Start the Firewall service.

lgordon1992

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013
I tried and it says windows cannot start firewall because service isn't running. Then it says it cannot run the service or ICS

DeadRam

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
Run System File Checker. It repairs corrupt system files. Type CMD in the search bar. Highlight CMD and click the right mouse button. Choose Run as Administrator. Type SFC /SCANNOW in the DOS window and press enter. It will tell you if it fixed anything. A reboot may be necessary.

lgordon1992

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013
I did and it says files that are required to run windows must be copied from the DLL Cache insert windows xp professional disk but I don't have one