I have bad internet on my new pc

Aug 31, 2018
I just built my new gaming pc, and i have an issue where im getting roughly 6-10 mb/s internet speed, when i should be getting 75 mb/s, i thought it was something like i had AMD quick stream, or XFast, but ive looked everywhere, and i couldnt find it to uninstall anywhere, and i ran a speed test online and it said i had a 75MB/S speed, but when i try to install something, it has about 10MB/S

Specs:
Motherboard: Asrock AB350
Apu: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
Memory: Ballistix Tracer
Hard drive: WD Blue 1TB
Im running ethernet
The other devices in my house run fine

Solution
if you did a online test, make sure the read was in megabytes and not megabits. megabits are tiny compared to megabytes and if you were getting 75 megabits in the online test then it would make perfect sense and a perfect ratio for it to be downloading at 10megabytes per second.

kadec.a.mackinney

Commendable
Aug 21, 2018
if you did a online test, make sure the read was in megabytes and not megabits. megabits are tiny compared to megabytes and if you were getting 75 megabits in the online test then it would make perfect sense and a perfect ratio for it to be downloading at 10megabytes per second.

Solution
Yeah, a megabyte (MB) equals 8 megabits (Mb or Mbit). Internet connection speeds are usually measured in megabits per second (Mbps), while some software will describe the download speed in megabytes per seconds (MB/s). In such software, a 75 Mbps connection will be reported as a little over 9 MB/s. I believe Steam, for example, defaults to reporting connection speeds in bytes per second, but there's a checkbox in its settings panel for optionally reporting those speeds in bits per second instead.