Question I have been experiencing crashes in all the games I play ?

Dec 4, 2022
Over the last few weeks, I have been experiencing crashes in all the games I play. Since a few days ago my computer has just started to randomly restart itself while playing games only with no BSOD. I decided to check the event viewer and I saw that when my game crashes, it says "Faultering module name: ntdll.dll" and when my pc restarts it says it was due to a bug check. I reset my pc and reinstalled windows which solved my issues for maybe a little less than a day but it has started happening again. I'd be willing to provide any extra information needed and any help is appreciated. Below I attached what the event viewer says when my pc randomly restarts.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of your PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard? By games can you state which titles they are? As for the games themselves, where did you source the installers for said titles?

Dec 4, 2022
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard: Asrock B450m Pro4
Ram: 32GB Corsair Vengence Rgb Pro SL
SSD/HDD: Don't remember the exact brand as Pc was built in 2019 but its a 512GB SSD as well as a 1TB Barracuda hdd
GPU: Zotac gaming Geforce GTX1660
PSU: EVGA 500w BQ
Monitor: LG ultra gear 144hz monitor
PSU and the pc as a whole except for the ram is 3 years old (built in 2019) Specific games that are crashing are sea of thieves and overwatch 2. I upgraded my ram a few months back.

Last edited:

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Would replace current ram with the old, do a clear cmos, then set bios to optimal default values, then enable XMP/DOCP. After that test with those game sthat crash.

If you still have the same problems would i also try a complte fresh install of the gpu drivers, so use DDU to get rid of the Nvidia drivers in safe mode as DDU asks and then reinstall latest for your gpu.

Might as well as said be psu, that is not really a great psu. Would start with the first two options here since free to try.

Dec 4, 2022
Would replace current ram with the old, do a clear cmos, then set bios to optimal default values, then enable XMP/DOCP. After that test with those game sthat crash.

If you still have the same problems would i also try a complte fresh install of the gpu drivers, so use DDU to get rid of the Nvidia drivers in safe mode as DDU asks and then reinstall latest for your gpu.

Might as well as said be psu, that is not really a great psu. Would start with the first two options here since free to try.

I used DDU yesterday and the problem is still happening. Im first going to try and lower the clock on my ram and then ill switch to the old ram.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
See a few mentionings of network drivers, try and update them, see if this helps.

So many different drivers or actions pointed at might in the end also relate to ram again. Especially since you already reinstalled windows which i guess from what you said was a complete fresh install.