Question I have been having this issue with my 1080ti where the screen goes black and when they return I can't see anything in the games but they still run

May 24, 2019
Hi, I've tried every fix i could find but I don't seem to be able to fix this issue. I do believe it is driver related as the issue did not return when i reinstalled my c drive, however I had to update the graphics driver due to some video playback issues and it has returned. This seems to mostly happen when I alt-tab, but sometimes it just happens. I haven't done this before, but here is most of my specs. Can anyone help me?
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU ASUS_MB_CNL
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0602, 19/10/2018
SMBIOS Version 3.1
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
BaseBoard Version Rev 1.xx
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Locale Australia
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.17763.503"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 23.1 GB
Total Virtual Memory 36.7 GB
Available Virtual Memory 24.2 GB
Page File Space 4.75 GB
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

@Timmyisbored

Kindly provide full PC specs.

-1. "Complete" system specs should ALWAYS be accompanied with any driver, hardware, or performance question. Do not post DXDiag reports as they contain a TON of useless information. Posting a DxDiag in place of a System Spec List tends to ward off potential members from helping you.

Please supply the following system details/information:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

*If the unit is a "laptop" or "All-in-one" system you must note the make and model# of the unit. Be sure you are ALWAYS using the OEM/manufacturer's Driver updates for the unit.

*If "Crashing":
-Note the nature of the "crash" in detail, as there are several definitions for the word "crash".

*If "performance" related issue:
-Note the "exact" point in which the performance reduction occurred (ie: After Windows update, After Bios update, After Driver update, After thermal system shutdown, After Hardware change/upgrade etc...)

*For diagnostic purposes please disable the following:
-Any/all Antivirus/ Anti-malware software
-Any/all OSD monitoring software
-ALL overclocks outside of factory spec

May 24, 2019
@Metal Messiah. Sorry, here are the updated info.

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E
PSU: ASUS ROG Thor 850W 80PLUS Platinum
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K
RAM: Vengeance RGB PRO 2x16GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz
CASE: Corsair Crystal 570X RGB Mid-Tower ATX
SSD: OS drive i think?
The above components are just under 4 months old
Graphics card: Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
Graphics card just under 1 year old
HDD: 2 older storage units i'm not sure what the set up is called
Monitors: Philips PHL 328P6V 3840x2160 29Hz refresh rate
Dell U2412M 1920x1200 59 Hz refresh rate

I've tried multiple graphics card drivers including 387.92, 411.70 (current one) and 419.35.
The crash is when both monitors go black for about 2-3 seconds, and when they recover, the games are minimised and cannot be maximised again. They are usually still running as the sounds can be heard, but sometimes they force close themselves. The fix is usually to just restart the apps again.
When i first reset my C drive, the default driver didnt cause any of the game crashes, but I had issues with video playback and game compatibility. Since then, updating the graphics driver fixed those issues but now the black screens have returned.
I've had a few blue screen issues also such is video scheduler internal error, but I think that's fixed...
The black screens usually happen every 10 minutes or so, and are almost guarenteed to happen if I alt tab to youtube during a game. I've tried using KBDUS for a clean install of the driver but that doesn't seem to help. I've also set up TDRdelay to 10 and TDRlevel to 0, I think at one point they helped with some game crashes, but now they're no longer helping.
I don't think i'm overclocking but i'm not too sure.
@rgd1101 ASUS ROG Thor 850W 80PLUS Platinum. The PSU shows power usually around 80-200 i think (I've had to turn it around and now the display is blocked by the PSU shroud). All my games show very high power usage in task manager.
@SgtScream I'm using a fairly good belkin HDMI cable and another mediocre cable, but the minitors go black simultaneously.
Thank you guys for taking your time to help me.