[SOLVED] I have been looking to buy a motherboard but Dont know which one to choose

I have been wanting to buy a motherboard that is good for gaming and also future-proof. I heard that MSI Max Boards have more Bios ROM. Would that contribute to future-Proofing?

Motherboard #1
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/X470-GAMING-PLUS-MAX
Motherboard#2
CPU :
https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-5-3600x

Last edited:
Solution
Better as in Bios Features, Gaming/ Tuning apps, Motherboard software
BIOS can be very personal but ASUS has a reputation for pretty good ones. I like the BIOS with my MSI board and it does all that it needs to. If you're looking for features that help with extreme or LN2 overclocking...i really can't say if either board is suitable.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'gaming' but tuning apps will be about the same since they are both AM4 and rely on AMD's software (Ryzenmaster) as do all AM4 boards. I never install motherboard software and recommend against it as it's bloatware and more likely to leave a system unstable than anything else. I suggest installing only the network driver and audio driver from the manufacturer, and...
... I heard that MSI Max Boards have more Bios ROM. Would that contribute to future-Proofing?
The MAX boards will almost certainly get BIOS support for Ryzen 4000 CPU's since that's one reason they built them. That doesn't mean other boards won't you just can't be as certain. So in that sense, it's a bit of future proofing.

Otherwise, either board would do excellently with a 3600 CPU right now.

Better as in Bios Features, Gaming/ Tuning apps, Motherboard software
BIOS can be very personal but ASUS has a reputation for pretty good ones. I like the BIOS with my MSI board and it does all that it needs to. If you're looking for features that help with extreme or LN2 overclocking...i really can't say if either board is suitable.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'gaming' but tuning apps will be about the same since they are both AM4 and rely on AMD's software (Ryzenmaster) as do all AM4 boards. I never install motherboard software and recommend against it as it's bloatware and more likely to leave a system unstable than anything else. I suggest installing only the network driver and audio driver from the manufacturer, and go to AMD to get the cpu/chipset drivers.

Solution