I have been trying to boot a win 8.1 recovery disk on a San Disk microsd for a long time.

jhmac777

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
I have been trying to boot a win 8.1 recovery disk on a San Disk microsd for a long time. Just recently I read that san disk is not compatible with Windows booting. How can I change this so I can boot my r.disk so that it will work. I have a Win 8.1 Uefi Lenovo 64 bit notebook that should boot using F12.

USAFRet

Titan

How did you get that Recovery thing onto the microSD?
Can your device actually boot from that?

jhmac777

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
I still need a solution!

Sandisk wrote in an Amazon page this comment:
"My name is Luke from SanDisk Support. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. In mid-2013 SanDisk changed production of its USB Drives configured as fixed disk to meet a perceived certification requirement. SanDisk USB Drives with either removable or fixed disk configuration will work the same when used for data storage on Windows PC and Mac computers. SanDisk has already reverted to producing USB Drives configured as removable disk."

I have read many articles saying that with certain Lenovo Uefi notebooks must use bootable USB drives like flash drives and NOT CD or DVD for booting. I made the recovery disk in Control Panel Recovery area following Microsoft's instructions copying it to the 16 GB microsd .