I have bought new laptop with ssd c drive with Windows 8.1 pro installed. I have a 1 tb empty d drive. I would like to install

ellisc007

Reputable
Jan 7, 2015
I have bought new laptop with ssd c drive with Windows 8.1 pro installed. I have a 1 tb empty d drive. I would like to install an image of my old laptop c drive, which has windows 7 pro and about 40 programs, on to my empty 1 tb d drive on my new laptop. Is this possible? Mahalo, Charles on Maui.

ellisc007

Reputable
Jan 7, 2015
I want to have a dual boot on new laptop with Windows 8.1 pro on ssd C drive and Windows 7 pro on the now empty 1 tb hdd. I could do a clean install of Windows 7 pro from replacement CD's onto the new D drive; however, I also want to move about 40 programs and valuable data from my old laptop C drive to new laptop D drive. To do this I would need to find all license numbers on those programs and I can't find all of these because a lot of the programs were down loaded over the net. I do have a back up system image of my old C drive, on an external drive, that contains Windows 7 pro, about 40 programs, and lots of valuable data. Can I install this back up system image of my old C drive onto my new D drive. This would be much easier than re-installing Windows 7 pro, all the programs, and data separately. I want to be able to choose to either boot up new laptop on C drive with Windows 8.1 pro or boot up new laptop on D drive with Windows 7 pro.

TRENDING THREADS