i have brand new seagate 4tb external hd it worked for a couple days n poof gone. does not show in disk management but shows in device manager but ct

Mar 7, 2019
as above it had icon installed on it to get it going but would not connect . never thought about it but its dead now. makes the normal sound when connected and yes tried different ports and my other computer..its a no go any help? does not show in disk management but does in device manager.. but can not do anything........

Feb 20, 2019
A you sure you haven't go a dodgy cable or the cable is fully plugged in? Another problem could be that if you were rough with it or messed up a connection a bit, and maybe bent the pins on the sata connector.

Feb 20, 2019
Does it show in the bios, if not then the drive unfortunately could have become corrupted, but as long as it is new you can either get a refund or a replacement, or you could try wiping the drive and seeing if it shows up then.

Mar 7, 2019
not really sure about bios im kinda pretty good on computers but not super great yes brownie is brand new from amazon.. it had a icon on it installed. I imagine to set it up or whatever but it coukldnt connect and it has made clicking sounds since I got it. when my wd did that it died in a couple days...

Feb 20, 2019
Well that could simply mean that your drive is dead, as often these clicking noises start to happen when a hard drive starts to die or is dead. This could be because the actual spinning part inside could have been damaged, and that hitting something or causing an inconsistency in the drive could cause that noise. If that is the case, that drive is definitely dead.

Mar 7, 2019
ahh bummer thank you brownie im gonnaq give amazon sum words thank you again lots o love Calgary alberta