I have build my computer 2 years ago. Last year i buy thermalpaste to clean my processor because my pc restart automaticly. Af

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
getting to mobo??? whn did i say tht??? lol
i was asking did u get a post...when ur computer starts, it performs a power on self test of the hardwares to check whether thy are working correctly...if thy are, it will give u a small beep sound for hardware ok...
r u getting tht???

Connie_11

Commendable
May 20, 2016

Wicks

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
Okay, so if you get a black screen, no error, nothing, that means it isn't HDD, or Windows, or any software. It can be either the CPU, which should be okay then, the RAM, graphics cards, motherboard or PSU. I don't know that graphics card, but check whether you need a 4 or 6 pin PCI plug to power that card. The connector is either on th back end, or on the top of the heatsink usually. Check if you pluged in the 24 pin ATX connector into the motherboard, AND the 8 pin CPU connector, which should be next to the socket. Check if the RAM is seated properly, it clicked into the slot on both sides. If you checked all cables, but it still isn't working, you might need some professional help, or a friend, to test each of the culprits with a replacement.

Connie_11

Commendable
May 20, 2016

Connie_11

Commendable
May 20, 2016
I using Sapphire Radeon HD7500 old gpu with no pci slot. My RAM acctualy have some problem. When i swith on my pc dram LED on and some beep sound. I try many time take out RAM and put back to mobo. Many time i try and lastly its ok. Is my RAM have problem?

Wicks

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
Like Hellfire said, if you suspect the memory, but now you can power up the system and have something displayed you can run memtest86. http://www.memtest86.com is their offical site, download it, and under the "Technical" tab you should find how to use it. Basicly you want to make it bootable, so get an empty flash drive, or burn it onto a disk. Oh, and only use one of your sticks, one at a time, place it into the second memory slot from the CPU.

Connie_11

Commendable
May 20, 2016