I have build my computer 2 years ago. Last year i buy thermalpaste to clean my processor because my pc restart automaticly. Af

Connie_11

Commendable
May 20, 2016
My pc spec
Mobo:Asus Sabertooth 990fx 2.0
Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8gb×2
Cpu:Amd Fx9590 4.1ghz no OC
Gpu:Sapphire Radeon HD7500
Psu:Corsiar RM1000 watt

My problem is after i clean my cpu cip and i install again. I switch on my pc but nothing display and my dram led turn on. Please help me

Wicks

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
Okay, so could you try to plug your monitor into the motherboard display port? That will rule out the GPU. If the computer still doesn't start up, I would try and remove one of the memory sticks, and try them one by one, or if you can, get one that you know works, from a friend or something. The fact that you changed CPU thermal paste should not affect the computer startup, i hope you placed the CPU back in the right direction and didn't bend a pin. I would rule out the PSU as a problem, you say that LED's light up, are the fans spinning btw?

Connie_11

Commendable
May 20, 2016

Wicks

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
Oh sorry, forgot that, then check RAM sticks, like I said only let one stay in there, put it into the second slot from the CPU. If it isn't working, try the other one. I also hope you have the RAM sticks in the right slots, you want them in the second and fourth memory slots, they have the same color.
A quick question: you cleaned your CPU recently, applied new thermal paste, and now it isn't working, or you did that a year ago(like in the title) and now all of a sudden it isn't working?

Connie_11

Commendable
May 20, 2016

Wicks

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
You want to carefully remove the CPU from the socket( I hope you know how :) ) then use cotton swabs dipped into 90%+ alcohol to scrub off all the thermal paste from the metal surface of the CPU, NEVER touch the pins, hold it by the plastic sides or the metal cover. Then you can put it back into socket, without forcing it, it should have an triangle mark both on the CPU and the socket, line them up and it will gently slide in, then push the lever back down. On applying thermal paste you can watch some youtube videos, just make sure you don't use too much or too little. Then reseat the cooler onto the CPU and plug it into the motherboards "CPU fan" connector.

Connie_11

Commendable
May 20, 2016

Wicks

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
If you just touched they might have some grease or sweat on them which isn't good, but not the end of the world either, the only problem is if the pins are bent or broken, then you need to buy a new one, or return that, they might replace it.