[SOLVED] I have cooling concerns

superscurry

Commendable
Mar 6, 2018
Lately, I have been noticing my computer seems to be running hotter than it use to. I am not sure if the heat is being generated from my GPU or CPU. Both of them are liquid cooled. I recently opened the case while it was running to see if I could feel any sort of heat source. Seems my GPU maybe the culprit of all the excessive heat.

My computer has 2 intake fans for the CPU cooling radiator and 1 fan that blows out the back. the GPU has 3 fans and a cooling radiator on it. The GPU is an MSI NVIDIA GFORCE 1080.

I clean my computer out on a regular monthly basis as to prevent dust build up. Is there anything I can do or install that may help me determine where this heat is coming from? I do game so heat build up then is understandable. It does seem higher then it use to be. As well as, seems to run warm when not really being used. The computer sits under my desk with nothing to prevent air flow to it. I feel that the out vent may be sufficient to push air away.

anything will help. If you need more info to help out please ask.

Solution
I am not sure on the GPU temp. I am unsure on how to check that. I only have the program called core temp that seems to show the CPU temp. It too is a little concerning it is running 95-115 F.

They are all in one. The CPU has its own cooling and the GPU has its own it came with.

95F - 115F is 35C - 46C.

These are actually very, very good temperatures. PCs are not humans - 115F to a human is hot. It isn't to a machine with much higher thermal tolerances. Also, most PC hardware temperature measurements are always in Celsius (metric), not Fahrenheit.

Double check which measurement you are using because while these temp ranges for Fahrenheit are very good, if they are for Celsius, they are incredibly bad.

superscurry

Commendable
Mar 6, 2018
What are your temperatures?

Are you using closed loop all in one coolers for the CPU and GPU or is it a custom loop?
I am not sure on the GPU temp. I am unsure on how to check that. I only have the program called core temp that seems to show the CPU temp. It too is a little concerning it is running 95-115 F.

They are all in one. The CPU has its own cooling and the GPU has its own it came with.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer

95F - 115F is 35C - 46C.

These are actually very, very good temperatures. PCs are not humans - 115F to a human is hot. It isn't to a machine with much higher thermal tolerances. Also, most PC hardware temperature measurements are always in Celsius (metric), not Fahrenheit.

Double check which measurement you are using because while these temp ranges for Fahrenheit are very good, if they are for Celsius, they are incredibly bad.

Solution