[SOLVED] I have dell optiplex 9010 sff, can i replace its powerful supply with any other brand's power supply( its not necessary, that it should fit in the cas

Jul 17, 2021
I have dell optiplex 9010 sff, can i replace its powerful supply with any other brand's power supply?( its not necessary, that it should fit in the case), i can replace the case

Solution
measure the space provided and compare it to the PSU's dimensions that you want to use.

if you decide to change cases you will also need to make sure the motherboard is not a proprietary size.
many OEM systems come with non-standard sized boards that will not fit a standard ATX\mATX\E-ATX case.

the current motherboard also may not support standard power connections so verify 24pin, 8pin, PCIe, etc are compatible.
measure the space provided and compare it to the PSU's dimensions that you want to use.

if you decide to change cases you will also need to make sure the motherboard is not a proprietary size.
many OEM systems come with non-standard sized boards that will not fit a standard ATX\mATX\E-ATX case.

the current motherboard also may not support standard power connections so verify 24pin, 8pin, PCIe, etc are compatible.

Reactions: Saquibssj
Solution