Question I have dropped my laptop, wondering if it's the mobo or the parts that are damaged?

Jul 1, 2023
Since I have broken the laptop, the LCD got damaged I am currently waiting on the new piece to remplace it, so therefore I thought plugging it on my TV to see if the performance is good.

Turns out the performance is awful it was a brand new laptop, i7 11th gen, 12gb of ram and pretty good integrated graphics as well. Now It's stuttering hard I can't even play runescape at 3 FPS.

Was wondering if the outcome would be that all the pieces got damaged or could be that the Motherboard is damaged completely? I'm hesitant to open the back case to take a look, if I do should physical damages be shown?

Here benchmark results and damages:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Turns out the performance is awful
Well, what do you expect? Do you really think that when you bust your laptop (e.g throw it to the ground), it still works like nothing has happened? Ever heard of that electronics are sensitive and fragile?

Was wondering if the outcome would be that all the pieces got damaged or could be that the Motherboard is damaged completely?
You can wonder as much as you like, but fact is, that your fancy laptop is busted. Just because it somehow, against all odds, still turns on and works, doesn't mean that only the LCD screen is damaged.

Haul your laptop to PC repair shop and pay for repairs. Also, be more careful with your hardware (unless you like busting them and paying for repairs).

Jul 1, 2023
Well, what do you expect? Do you really think that when you bust your laptop (e.g throw it to the ground), it still works like nothing has happened? Ever heard of that electronics are sensitive and fragile?

You can wonder as much as you like, but fact is, that your fancy laptop is busted. Just because it somehow, against all odds, still turns on and works, doesn't mean that only the LCD screen is damaged.

Haul your laptop to PC repair shop and pay for repairs. Also, be more careful with your hardware (unless you like busting them and paying for repairs).
I appreciate the honest reply, thank you.

Reactions: Aeacus