I have format data of disk c and install new window can i restore previous data

bijeet

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
sir,
i have format my importent data(files) ,which was stored in disk c .and i have change a new window with format previous data of disk c, can i replaced/re-store it.please help me.

MotherFerJones

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
sir,
i have format my importent data(files) ,which was stored in disk c .and i have change a new window with format previous data of disk c, can i replaced/re-store it.please help me.

If you mean that you "formatted your HDD, re-installed windows, and now you want to know if you can get your files back?"

I am sorry to say, NO, most of the time when you delete something it stills stays on the HDD, the computer deletes the link to the file, and when that space on the disk is requested for writing it overwrites the data, DESTROYING it. SO since you re-installed windows on the HDD you most likely would not be able to recover any data from before you formatted it.

BUT, you could try recuva, from piriform, if the data hasn't been overwritten that program should find it.

Joe7208

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
If you merely want to recover your deleted data after the formatting, I think I can share a drive recovery freeware with you:
http://www.formatrecovery.blogspot.com/2013/02/recover-data-after-formatting.html
Honestly, last weekend, my external hard drive was accidentally formatted by myself and all my files previously stored on it were wiped. However, I operated this free application recommended by my friend and restored all of these files completely. So, it is really worth a shot.
In case of similar problems, I think we also should remember to back up our important data all the time.