Question I have fps drops in Fortnite.

Anebay

Reputable
Oct 22, 2019
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 six core Precessor

GPU: radeon rx 590 sapphire nitro+

Display: HP 25x (2 of them)

Since Season 8 i have been experiencing huge fps drops and game freezing. And i know its not my pc because every other game runs perfectly at a steady 144fps( games like overwatch, gta 5, and csgo)

IF you need any other Specs Let me Know.

And i dont know if you need to know this but you might know a solution for this.
-So i have a dual monitor set up, and i am stuck on a amd drivers version 19.6.1. Because if I update to a version above 19.6 both my monitors loses pixels when i play games( like my image will have rainbow lines horizontally across both screens.) and will have huge lag. But when i turn off one of my monitors the problem disappears.

Please Help me fix both these problems! Thank You :)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The dual monitor thing would likely be caused by drivers.
I remember something along the lines of AMD gpus pulling more power than needed in multi-monitor setups...

Are the motherboard drivers up to date?

You're also leaving out a fair bit of info.
-memory configuration?
-make and model of the power supply?
-storage drives
-cpu temps in game
-gpu temps in dual monitor setup with the working drivers, and again with the 'finicky' ones

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/205358/sapphire-rx590-8192-181018
That's just a link to the gpu's specs.

Anebay

Reputable
Oct 22, 2019
The dual monitor thing would likely be caused by drivers.
I remember something along the lines of AMD gpus pulling more power than needed in multi-monitor setups...

Are the motherboard drivers up to date?

You're also leaving out a fair bit of info.
-memory configuration?
-make and model of the power supply?
-storage drives
-cpu temps in game
-gpu temps in dual monitor setup with the working drivers, and again with the 'finicky' ones

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/205358/sapphire-rx590-8192-181018
That's just a link to the gpu's specs.
my temps are the same

and i dont know what you're trying to say about the rest

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
and i dont know what you're trying to say about the rest
-Motherboard drivers? You can find them on the online product support webpage.

-Memory configuration? Ex: 2x 8GB 2666mhz, 4x 4GB 3200mhz...

-Make and model of the power supply? Just open the case up and find the label on the unit containing that info. Ex: Corsair RM650X

-What is the make and model of your storage drive(s)?

-What are your gpu temps in game?

Anebay

Reputable
Oct 22, 2019

-Make and model of the power supply? Just open the case up and find the label on the unit containing that info. Ex: Corsair RM650X

motherboard: GA-AB350-Gaming 3, drivers are up to date
my C drive is: WDC WDS500G1B0A-00H9H0
my D drive is: ST2000LM015-2E8174
and my power supply is: EVGA NEX650G

and ill send the temps with the good and bad drivers in a sec

Anebay

Reputable
Oct 22, 2019

ok my temps with the good drivers(19.6.3) are between 53 and 56
and my bad drivers (19.12.2) are between 55-63

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
What stands out to me from the results:
-You have a RAID setup between the 2 drives?
-Enable A-XMP in the bios so that your memory is actually running at 3000mhz - with the older B350 boards it'll run at 2933 instead. Currently, it's at 2133mhz.
-Have you tried the 19.20 driver out yet?

I initially assumed the game was on the slow HDD, but if you have a RAID setup, I'm not sure how that's affecting page access times.

Anebay

Reputable
Oct 22, 2019
What stands out to me from the results:
-You have a RAID setup between the 2 drives?
-Enable A-XMP in the bios so that your memory is actually running at 3000mhz - with the older B350 boards it'll run at 2933 instead. Currently, it's at 2133mhz.
-Have you tried the 19.20 driver out yet?

I initially assumed the game was on the slow HDD, but if you have a RAID setup, I'm not sure how that's affecting page access times.
im sorry im not into like the tech and stuff, so i dont really know what you're talking about, and i do apologize for that, and i dont really know what RAID means, and for what should i try the 19.20 drivers for?

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
im sorry im not into like the tech and stuff, so i dont really know what you're talking about, and i do apologize for that, and i dont really know what RAID means
Did someone else build this PC for you?

Raid:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE7Bfw9lFfs

Enabling your memory kit's rated speed:
Go into bios. Under the M.I.T. tab, select Advanced Frequency Settings, and then select Advanced CPU Core Settings.
From there, go to Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.). You should see 2 profiles. One of them should be for 3200mhz. Select it, and then save and exit.

and for what should i try the 19.20 drivers for?
You still experience the monitor issue when trying newer drivers, right? Well 19.20 is very recent, and I figured you might not have tried it yet.
Remember to run DDU first before installing the new driver.

Anebay

Reputable
Oct 22, 2019
Did someone else build this PC for you?

Raid:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE7Bfw9lFfs

Enabling your memory kit's rated speed:
Go into bios. Under the M.I.T. tab, select Advanced Frequency Settings, and then select Advanced CPU Core Settings.
From there, go to Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.). You should see 2 profiles. One of them should be for 3200mhz. Select it, and then save and exit.

You still experience the monitor issue when trying newer drivers, right? Well 19.20 is very recent, and I figured you might not have tried it yet.
Remember to run DDU first before installing the new driver.
ok, i've enabled the X.M.P., and for what am i downloading drivers for?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
ok, i've enabled the X.M.P., and for what am i downloading drivers for?
-So i have a dual monitor set up, and i am stuck on a amd drivers version 19.6.1. Because if I update to a version above 19.6 both my monitors loses pixels when i play games( like my image will have rainbow lines horizontally across both screens.) and will have huge lag. But when i turn off one of my monitors the problem disappears.
So you fixed this^then?

Anebay

Reputable
Oct 22, 2019
So you fixed this^then?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HW9sUCrirg&feature=youtu.be

i've updated my video card to the newest drivers (19.12.3) and this is what it does, it changed from rainbow lines to just this. Its not as good of an example but you can still see it, and those lines never stop, they Keep poping up every like 5-10 sec for like a long time, and could stay there until i restart. Thats Why i stay on 19.6 drivers. If you have any other ideas on how to fix this let me know.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You've already used DDU to fresh install the graphics drivers, etc...
I feel that the issue is on Windows' end.
Are Windows Game Bar and Game Mode disabled?

Is your current Ryzen build a fresh, new one, or an upgrade from an older build?
If it's the latter, did you reinstall Windows after the upgrade?

Anebay

Reputable
Oct 22, 2019
You've already used DDU to fresh install the graphics drivers, etc...
I feel that the issue is on Windows' end.
Are Windows Game Bar and Game Mode disabled?

Is your current Ryzen build a fresh, new one, or an upgrade from an older build?
If it's the latter, did you reinstall Windows after the upgrade?
No this is a clean build, and my windows has been up to date. so im not sure what it is. And also the Game bar and stuff like that is all turned off

Anebay

Reputable
Oct 22, 2019
Snapchat-1307100628.jpg
Snapchat-997496121.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Snapchat-976482949.jpg
Snapchat-289128013.jpg
Snapchat-957364671.jpg

the fist 2 are the good drivers, and the last 3 are the new once(the laggy once)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm... on a gpu that is basically an overclocked RX 580, you sure like to run with a low fan curve...
But, it doesn't appear to be overheating though.

You got it through EGS? Does it have a function to 'verify integrity of game files' like Steam does?

Anebay

Reputable
Oct 22, 2019
Hmm... on a gpu that is basically an overclocked RX 580, you sure like to run with a low fan curve...

You got it through EGS? Does it have a function to 'verify integrity of game files' like Steam does?
it only had a thing that said if i would ike to open this once, or keep it on my pc as an app, i picked to open it once

Anebay

Reputable
Oct 22, 2019

ive also tried changing the pixel format in my amd settings, on the new drivers. and the problem still happens