Question I have Gamdius areas ARGB Air CPU cooler and what header it should I want to plug

Sep 27, 2021
Firstly this is my first PC build and I don't know many points about pc staff so plz guild me...

I got MSI B550 Pro series VDH-WIFI board and I've got GAMDIAS BOREAS M1-610 ARGB ...So the first time I plug its power into CPU Fan 1 header and then I have changed it to PUMP fan 1 header...
I do that because I want to set the CPU fan( Ryzen 5 3600 stock cooler fan) as a casing rear exhaust fan. I do that cuz I don't have rear fans in my casing and probably this isn't the right time to spend more money to buy fans again. So I plugged the stock fan into the CPU FAN 1 header(curz wire is no more length to plug into the SYSTEM FAN header) & the Air CPU cooler is plugged into PUMP FAN 1 Hedder. I select PMW mode for an air CPU cooler on the bios page(Also it needs PWM 4 pin header, see the link) and the stock cooler Temp source is CPU core also air cooler too...

so the Que is what could I have things are wrong or have any other better solution for my case.

every first boot-up Air CPU cooler is running 1500 RPM and that is the major point of asking this que. I am using MSI dragon center and after I select silent profile it keeps running at 1500RPM(+100-) but the CPU fan header plugged fan(Ryzen stock cooler) is running normally and both rpm are rise if I pc load go higher. but after that load CPU is nearly 45celcious and Air CPU cooler is going down rpm to 1500 ... but it's not necessary and if I choose a custom profile it will go down as 800RPM and TEMP are still in 45 cel (ROOM TEmp is 33cel) ....now came freak point. after that, if I choose a silent profile AIr CPU Cooler is now running at 800 to 900 RPM.

SO every time I have to select the custom profile and after I select a silent profile to configure the best silent(I mention it's best as it came with factory-made silent profile presets) profile...

so in this case is it OK to use an Air CPU cooler PWM 4 pin connecter with a PUMP FAN1 Hedder?

I attached photos of my PC and I do it pandemic time in our country SO I CAN"T GET the CASING...I m using my previous casing with portably fixed 3 fans in the front panel(powering with power adapter not using mainboard power)

ps: I need a powerful rear exhaust fan like ROG or Nzxt cuz the Power supply is on the upper side of the casing and if the rear fan can't exhaust Hot air of Air CPU cooler exhaust then that hot air will go to the power supply inside. So I select Ryzen stock cooler fan as the rear side fan that is much better than the other rear side exhaust fan. it will power up with CPU FAN 1 header and that fan TEMP source is CPU Core temp. It's really practical and hot air is pushing through that Ryzen fan :)

📌PC Specs:

🔸Ryzen 5 3600 6 core 12 thread unlock processer

🔸RTX 3060 MSI Gaming X 12 GB graphics card

🔸MSI B550 Pro series wifi-VDH mainboard

🔸Patriot viper 3200 MHz 16 GB ram kit

🔸Adlink 256 GB m.2 NVME drive

🔸Antec 80+ Bronze 550 W semi modular PSU

🔸Gamdius boreas ARGB CPU air cooler

🔸Asus Tuf Gaming VG249Q 144Hz Gaming panal

rakibfahadgts

Reputable
Aug 4, 2018
You should always plug cpu cooler in CPU fan header, always. For case fans you can use splitters if you are short of pins or length. Also uninstall dragon center and use 'MSI center'. It's a 2021 replacement of Dragon center. Dragon center is full of bloatware. Then you can use argus monitor for Ultimate control over case fans. With it you can control case fans anyway you want. It's only 10 dollar for lifetime license

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2021
You should always plug cpu cooler in CPU fan header, always. For case fans you can use splitters if you are short of pins or length. Also uninstall dragon center and use 'MSI center'. It's a 2021 replacement of Dragon center. Dragon center is full of bloatware. Then you can use argus monitor for Ultimate control over case fans. With it you can control case fans anyway you want. It's only 10 dollar for lifetime license
But the problem is I don't have a rear exhaust fan. so I put ryzen stock fan into that place and I plug it into CPU_FAN 1 header curz wire length is not enough to plug it into SYS_FAN hedder or PUMP FAN header. so I plug ryzen fan into the CPU FAN header and now I have no more CPU fan headers so I put my Air CPU cooler into the PUMP PWM header curz my cooler support with PWM.

rakibfahadgts

Reputable
Aug 4, 2018
But the problem is I don't have a rear exhaust fan. so I put ryzen stock fan into that place and I plug it into CPU_FAN 1 header curz wire length is not enough to plug it into SYS_FAN hedder or PUMP FAN header. so I plug ryzen fan into the CPU FAN header and now I have no more CPU fan headers so I put my Air CPU cooler into the PUMP PWM header curz my cooler support with PWM.
Just buy a fan splitter and run both from cpu header. I've a b460 pro vdh wifi (same mobo family) and a cooler master sickleflow rear fan which has small cable. I just run the cable in front of motherboard not from behind

Sep 27, 2021
Ok, thanks for the guild, and now I 'am with the new MSI Center (I download it from my mainboard official site and it has 2021.8.30 updated new MSI center:) I'm full of happiness what you tell me about MSI center. :)). It's pretty cool and the new UI is so much pretty. Also, I install an argus monitor. but it's not a good deal I think. It's can't control fan speed to 20% or 10% only it can 40% fan speed. But its in-display monitor panel is give a unique look to my desktop. So I decide to use it as a performance monitoring app(while MSI center is getting time to see performance monitor)

although can we customize the MSI center and can we put a tab to see CPU usage, like what we see GPU usage tab. I think you know what I said( your board is MSI too??)

one que...
did you know other performance monitoring apps or programs like an argus monitor? please tell me I like those kinda programs.... :))