Question I have had issues for three years and I am out of options

conorjdavies

Honorable
Aug 12, 2017
Hello, I am just going to cut to the chase because at this point I know that I have tried everything, but long story short, I got into PC gaming back in 2017, since then all my games have run extremely bad, my PC can't run a single game without constant stuttering and fps drops every few seconds, whether that be from Minecraft all the way up to a more demanding game like Battlefield, The Witcher 3, Modern Warfare etc. Every game is unplayable for me despite going through three different PC's since 2017, each one of these PC's had all different parts but have all had the exact same issue when playing games. As I said, I have had this issue for three years now so have more than likely tried every "fix" in the book, and to be honest I can't be bothered to write out a lengthy page of everything I have tried just for someone to say "is the display port cable plugged into the GPU" or "try overclocking", I am not trying to sound rude but that is what usually happens.

All I simply wanted to ask is this, lets assume you were in my position, what on earth would you do? Because I am done with PC Gaming at this point, I just want to play games smoothly but nothing ever works, has anyone ever heard of such an issue before? I just want to hear from other people, because I am out of options here, I have been trying to figure it out for three years and its starting to drive me a little insane because it makes no sense, remember, I have replaced all the parts three times so it's 100% not an issue with one of the components, I have also replaced the monitor, mouse and keyboard a few times too, so it's not that either. If it's not the computer then what could it be? Makes no sense. Its also not a weird program causing it either because I have tested it with only Steam installed and it still did it.

I'll leave my somewhat rant here...

Current specs:

GPU: GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER

CPU: i9 9900k

Motherboard: Aorus Z390 AORUS MASTER

PSU: EVGA G3 1000 (overkill I know)

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB (OS) & Samsung 860 EVO 2TB (Games)

CPU Cooler: NZXT KRAKEN Z73

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32 GB 3200MHZ

Lets first verify the CPU can stay at stock clock speeds under full all-core load without issue...

Install and run:

HWMonitor
CPU-Z/bench/stress CPU

Run the latter 20 minutes, and verify (via HWmonitor) all core clock speeds stay at ~4.7 GHz, with temps at no more than 80-85C...; I'd examine the clock speeds throughout the test, vice just looking at peak speeds which might mislead you.

conorjdavies

Honorable
Aug 12, 2017
Hello, What are your thermals when gaming?, what fps do you get with different types of games, from Indie to AAA?, what resolution and presets are you using in games?

Thermals are fine, I have no issues with temps etc. Fps isn't an issue I can easily get high fps in basically every game, it's just that I constantly get fps drops and stutter all the time, it's like it for every game with any settings, low or ultra, and I am playing at 1440p, I have tried 1080p too and it still does it.

Rae Nelvin

Great
Aug 25, 2020
Thermals are fine, I have no issues with temps etc. Fps isn't an issue I can easily get high fps in basically every game, it's just that I constantly get fps drops and stutter all the time, it's like it for every game with any settings, low or ultra, and I am playing at 1440p, I have tried 1080p too and it still does it.
Might be faulty power outlet? Have you tried another power outlet in your house? Or might be faulty power source from your city? Since you've changed all of the components 3 times and nothing changes, might be from the power source itself.

Burigeller

Reputable
Sep 16, 2020
This sounds like a longshot but have you tried using a different storage? and maybe another SATA Power for your Games SSD, its uncommon but i've heard from a few cases. Try plugging in an old SSD or HDD, maybe install a single game on your main drive

conorjdavies

Honorable
Aug 12, 2017
This sounds like a longshot but have you tried using a different storage? and maybe another SATA Power for your Games SSD, its uncommon but i've heard from a few cases. Try plugging in an old SSD or HDD, maybe install a single game on your main drive

No offence but did you read my post? I said, "I have replaced all the parts three times so it's 100% not an issue with one of the components".

conorjdavies

Honorable
Aug 12, 2017
Might be faulty power outlet? Have you tried another power outlet in your house? Or might be faulty power source from your city? Since you've changed all of the components 3 times and nothing changes, might be from the power source itself.

I have tried every outlet in the house and it still does it, I suppose I will just have to take it to another house or something.