[SOLVED] I have i5-3330 with GT610 and planning to upgrade my GPU any specific suggestions or any optimized GPU for me?

kaustubbhh

Commendable
Feb 26, 2020
With the above specs, I was planning to buy 1650 super or 1660 super, what will best for me to buy for future-proofing, and what about bottlenecks?
1650 super is what I feel won't bottleneck much but 1660 super would be a better buy if I plan to upgrade my CPU in future

Solution
The 1660 Super is a very good card, and, would indeed allow you to stretch your 1080P frame rates (with high texttures/detail quality) much further later once upgrading CPU/MB/RAM later...

(Your current i3 will not saturate your new GPU now, obviously, but, I'd not buy something overly limiting because of that if planning a CPU/MB/RAM upgrade later...)
The 1660 Super is a very good card, and, would indeed allow you to stretch your 1080P frame rates (with high texttures/detail quality) much further later once upgrading CPU/MB/RAM later...

(Your current i3 will not saturate your new GPU now, obviously, but, I'd not buy something overly limiting because of that if planning a CPU/MB/RAM upgrade later...)

Reactions: kaustubbhh
Solution

kaustubbhh

Commendable
Feb 26, 2020

Correct, exactly what I was thinking of just the current CPU with bottleneck issue was holding me back from taking a big step up to 1660 Super. Thanks