I have IE and Google Chrome suddenly everytime I go on goole chromeI am being asked to make google my default browser but it

Debra_58

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
I have Windows 10 HP laptop,64-bit.Suddenly my computer is going crazy! I think it has to do with MS edge. Anyway, I have both IE and Google Chrome as my browsers. Since yesterday every time I go on Google Chrome it asks me to "make Google my default browser".Why is this happening and what can I do so that I don't have to keep doing this. I have had my computer set this way for a long time and never had this problem before.
FYI-Everything seemed to happen after I tried installing the Amazon Red Stick in my TV so that I can stream on it. I know that should have nothing to do with it but that's when the trouble seemed to start. Red Stick asked which Net Gear I have and I had to pick that. I need Net Gear to be wireless in my area.I ended up returning the stick because it wouldn't recognize my passwords. I did have to reset the Net Gear and WiFi setting after taking out the stick. The computer is also acting slow and not always letting me get to another site giving me a message that it was too slow. However, the speed test checks out fine. I am trying to think of any reason my computer is acting weird. Sorry this is so long. Hope you can help me out. Thanks!

Solution
in settings/system /default apps, what is your default browser? what was your default before yesterday?

i had problems getting win 10 to actually set chrome as default so another way to set it is go to control panel/programs/Default programs & choose set your default programs. Find Chrome in the list and click Set this program as default - trhat forced Win 10 to use Chrome for everything it can do.

Did Red Stick install anything on the PC?

what are specs of the PC? You might want to check motherboard makers web site for motherboard and see if you have latest LAN/WiFi drivers.

Colif

Win 11 Master
in settings/system /default apps, what is your default browser? what was your default before yesterday?

i had problems getting win 10 to actually set chrome as default so another way to set it is go to control panel/programs/Default programs & choose set your default programs. Find Chrome in the list and click Set this program as default - trhat forced Win 10 to use Chrome for everything it can do.

Did Red Stick install anything on the PC?

what are specs of the PC? You might want to check motherboard makers web site for motherboard and see if you have latest LAN/WiFi drivers.

Solution

Debra_58

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017