Question i have just bought a ASUS GTX 980 TI what else do i need to upgrade to make it run smoothly??

Aug 6, 2020
AMD FX-6100
Zambezi 32nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
MSI 760GM-P23(FX) (MS-7641) (CPU1)
Graphics
20M35 (1600x900@60Hz)
22W_LCD_TV (1600x900@60Hz)
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series (ATI AIB)
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD1002FBYS-18A6B0 ATA Device (SATA )
this is my current setup i know i need a new psu for sure but im new to pc builds and dont know entirely what to look for or if the rest of my specs will even support my new card
can anyone help me please????

poorbugger

Distinguished
Any ideas on what to go for?? And in what order as i said im new to builds but im dying to have a build that can play the latest of games on pretty high settings
Since you just bought the gpu, i have come up with a list without the gpu.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PrYzJb
If you think you have more money to spare, i can come up with another list. But to be honest with you, the rest of the system wont affect that much of how smoothly you can play your games because it's mostly the gpu. The gtx 980 ti is equivalent to a gtx 1070. Also, you can save some money by going with a 650w psu instead of the one i chose. Again, if you state your budget, different list will appear.

Aug 6, 2020
If you think you have more money to spare, i can come up with another list. But to be honest with you, the rest of the system wont affect that much of how smoothly you can play your games because it's mostly the gpu. The gtx 980 ti is equivalent to a gtx 1070. Also, you can save some money by going with a 650w psu instead of the one i chose. Again, if you state your budget, different list will appear.
Thanks i was looking at the evga750w gq for a psu was a cheaper one on the market but everything i read was saying good things about it. Wjat are your thoughts on that psu???

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Honestly, see what the system does now. Yes, use the new video card, and get the newer PSU. Both of those parts can be carried over to a new platform should you decide to upgrade.

The system platform (AM3-based) is very dated, BUT, maybe it's sufficient for what you're doing. Try it out. The applications you use, the games you play. It could quite well hold up to your current needs. Only worry about ugprading if it's falling short anywhere.

Aug 6, 2020
What would you say thr max fps i could pull from this set up would be??

poorbugger

Distinguished
What would you say thr max fps i could pull from this set up would be??
That depends on the game. But it'll be able to push modern titles 60fps high to ultra and on more demanding maybe med to high 60fps on 1080p. I've been able to push rdr2 a very gpu bound game 60+ fps on hardware unboxed optimised settings. Cod modern warfare multiplayer (i dont play warzone), i can push constant 75fps on my 75hz monitor on all ultra settings 1080p. I have a 980 ti as well.

Aug 6, 2020
Would this build run at 144hz gaming?? I have already upgraded my psu to the evga 700w gq but im wondering if tthisbuild wil reach tth 144 or if id need a better setup before diving in.