[SOLVED] I have just bought parts for first pc build - worried that it won’t turn on/no display

Sep 15, 2021
I have just bought brand new parts of the internet to build my first gaming pc. I am waiting for them to come. I am worried that I am not going to get any display or the pc won’t boot on. Can any one explain to me what could I do if it dosent turn on/shows no display

Solution
If you're that worried, connect everything up outside of the case first and test. At least then you'll know when you put it in that all being well, it should work.

I normally lay the motherboard on its box and connect as few components are needed to get a display.

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
I have just bought brand new parts of the internet to build my first gaming pc. I am waiting for them to come. I am worried that I am not going to get any display or the pc won’t boot on. Can any one explain to me what could I do if it dosent turn on/shows no display
make sure you connect all pin connectors properly, seat the ram,gpu properly, turn the switch on of your psu. And your good to go.

Can any one explain to me what could I do if it doesn't turn on/shows no display
you determine what has failed or what you have done wrong.
there's no magic solution to any issue you may run into.

a single component may fail, you may find you've purchased incompatible components, or worse case scenario you have a single short and multiple components are killed due to that.

or you power on, everything goes perfectly, and you have a working computer.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Your worried about something that has not even happened yet?

List all the parts you bought you can use this site then post the perma link upper left side of the page.

Read the motherboard manual, don't force things, if you have problems post back.

Sep 15, 2021
They are all compatiable, I am just concered that one part will be faulty and I wont known which one it is. How can i tell what part is faulty so I can get a replacement?

If you're that worried, connect everything up outside of the case first and test. At least then you'll know when you put it in that all being well, it should work.

I normally lay the motherboard on its box and connect as few components are needed to get a display.

Solution

Blackink

Distinguished

Do what John said "connect everything up outside of the case".
It's called breadboarding. I've done it with all of my PC builds before I fully build them. I have to admit, I've been lucky and haven't had a problem except for once having to re-download the Media Creation Tool onto a Flash drive because the first one I did wouldn't install Windows correctly, but that's not hardware related.

Try not to worry about what will happen and think about what is going to happen as you build your PC.
It's fun, it's rewarding, and if all goes well, you'll be quite excited about what you just accomplished.

p.s. Have fun too!!!

Reactions: John Chesterfield