I have listed some Graphics Cards.....Which one will perform best in 1080P Gaming?

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
Hello Everyone :) I was looking forward to upgrade my GPU. Now i have some great deals! I want experts to tell me that which one is best for 1080p Gaming... Thanks is advance

1. Msi Armor GTX 1060 6GB
2. Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB Windforce OC
3. Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
4. Saphhire R9 Fury X
5. AMD Radeon R9 Fury X (Liquid Cooled)
6. Saphhire R9 390 X 8GB
7. Manli Gallardo GTX 1070 8GB Tri-Fan

Thanks in advance...:)

Solution
GTX 1070 - Not future proof by any means, but certainly the top of the list here.

R9 Fury X - (not really worth the power and heat at this point) Fury X cards were all water cooled. Not sure why you have one listed without. If however you meant the air cooled version, that would be:

R9 Nano - (not listed, but is a Fury card which performs between the two other Fury model cards, was air cooled, and had great power consumption compared to the other two) or:

R9 Fury - (non X)

RX 580

R9 390 X - placement of the R9 390 X is arguable. Technically it has more raw horsepower than the RX 580, but due to the way most games utilize AMD's GCN architecture cards, and the more...
RX 580 will max everything at 1080p 60+ fps and it's also faster than any of the 1060 6GB variants.
I'd go for it if you have a 60 Hz monitor

If you have a 1080p 144 Hz panel, then the 1070 will be the recommended choice since it will be able to push more titles towards the 144 fps target.

Disagree the 580 is faster, the 1060 6Gb is about equal. It depends on the game and if using DX11 or DX12.

The 1070 is the strongest. The 1060 6gb or 580 are great choices for 1080p 60Hz. If you like to change gpu ever couple of years then go 580/1060 6gb. If you want the gpu to meet your needs longer so you can wait longer before upgrading I’d go 1070.

I don’t like the other choices. Also just encase don’t look at any 1060 3gb. Not only is 3gb not really enough these days but it’s also weaker as the gpu has less cuda cores.

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017

I am gonna use at 1080p 60Hz

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017

Thanks Sir! I will try to get a 1070! Lets hope that the buyer agrees at 30,000PKR. But what if he do not agrees? Then which GPU should be my 2nd priority?

I’ve also seen reviews showing a driver update can swing the leader in a game from one to the other, both ways. Unless the OP has G-Sync / Freesync monitor a good deal on either side is enough of a deciding factor as they are so closely matched, or it is for me.

Benchmarks from 2 days ago in an RX 590 review have the 1060 6GB dead last, with the 580 being faster in all but one title. No reason to spend more on a 1060 if you can get a 580 for cheaper.

The 1070 on the other hand is easily faster.

Not sure the Fury X fits into this graphics card stack, unless you get an extremely good deal. It'll be closest to the 1070 in performance, but isn't going to beat it. It's also a hot and power hungry card, so would require a pretty robust power supply.

That’s a good review. Agree the 580 does now look to lead overall the 1060 but the difference is still very small, the 21 game 1080p average they are near enough identical. As I said earlier a good deal either side or use of g-sync/Freesync would be a deciding factor for me out of those.

I would agree, except there aren't any really good deals on G-Sync, which is due to the exorbitant cost of manufacturers having to buy into it, and the only reason NVIDIA cards aren't supporting Freesync is NVIDIA's stubborn push for closed standards.

In the case of overkill, this is far better than underkill, especially if the OP ever plans to play any sort of VR.

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017

Let's make it simple...:)

Can you PLEASE arrange the Graphics Cards listed above in DESCENDING ORDER according to their performances? I mean the GPU with BEST performance on TOP and the one with WORST performance on bottom. PLEASE:)

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017

Can you PLEASE arrange the Graphics Cards listed above in DESCENDING ORDER according to their performances? I mean the GPU with BEST performance on TOP and the one with WORST performance on bottom. PLEASE:)

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017

GTX 1070 - Not future proof by any means, but certainly the top of the list here.

R9 Fury X - (not really worth the power and heat at this point) Fury X cards were all water cooled. Not sure why you have one listed without. If however you meant the air cooled version, that would be:

R9 Nano - (not listed, but is a Fury card which performs between the two other Fury model cards, was air cooled, and had great power consumption compared to the other two) or:

R9 Fury - (non X)

RX 580

R9 390 X - placement of the R9 390 X is arguable. Technically it has more raw horsepower than the RX 580, but due to the way most games utilize AMD's GCN architecture cards, and the more efficient version of GCN in the 580, the 580 will usually eek out more frames by a tiny margin. The 390 X still wins when raw horsepower counts most. The biggest benefit of the 580 is it's significantly lower power draw while gaming due to being on a 14 nm process vs the 390 X's 28 nm process tech.

GTX 1060 6 GB - (any of them)

GTX 1060 3 GB - (not listed) Not actually a full sized 1060 GPU die, but a cut down die which gives returns about 10% slower than the model paired with 6 GB memory.

The differences between cards using the same model GPU processor are usually negligible, and will pretty much follow these trends. As far as factory over clocks go, you can usually get similar results at home if the end result is even worth the hassle.

For a more complete list, Tom's already compiles a guide: Tom's Hardware GPU Performance Hierarchy chart.

Solution