[SOLVED] I have much lower performance than in youtube benchmarks

Jul 8, 2021
APU - AMD Ryzen 3 4300G
RAM - 1x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO - HP 87D6 (B550A Chipset)

I have recently bought a pc with an AMD Ryzen 3 4300G since for a budget APU it seemed to give crazy performance in benchmark videos.
I have recently bought GTA V and the results I got are ridiculous. On medium-high settings in 1440p he gets 30-ish Fps while I barely get 30 Fps on the minimum settings in 720p .
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH1jr-2JZ0s

Also I noticed my Cpu and Gpu usage is on 40-50% all the time.

I don't know if there is a problem with my system or this guy is straight up lying about the specs he is using although it wouldn't make any sense for him to do so.

If useful these are all my specs in CPU-Z.

Solution
Your RAM is the issue.

I haven't watched the video but I can straight up tell you you're running in single-channel mode (meaning half the bandwidth of dual channel). If you want performance the easiest thing is get a kit with two RAM sticks.

Since GPU performance is closely tied to memory speeds, double the RAM speed will boost your performance by a lot

Howardohyea

Commendable
May 13, 2021
Your RAM is the issue.

I haven't watched the video but I can straight up tell you you're running in single-channel mode (meaning half the bandwidth of dual channel). If you want performance the easiest thing is get a kit with two RAM sticks.

Since GPU performance is closely tied to memory speeds, double the RAM speed will boost your performance by a lot

Last edited:
Solution
Jul 8, 2021
I didn't know dual channel was that important to performance, from low settings to high settings just by using dual channel is mindblowing, I will get another 8gb stick I guess.