[SOLVED] I have my first newly built pc and when I plug it into a monitor it says hdmi no signal

Solution
Monitor and cable both work on different system, AND it's a "refurbished" graphics card? Gotta ask yourself, just exactly how "refurbished" it actually is.

Where did you buy the card from, an actual legitimate retailer or a third party seller? Do you have access to another graphics card you can borrow from someone or another system you can try the graphics card in to see if it even works?
Monitor and cable both work on different system, AND it's a "refurbished" graphics card? Gotta ask yourself, just exactly how "refurbished" it actually is.

Where did you buy the card from, an actual legitimate retailer or a third party seller? Do you have access to another graphics card you can borrow from someone or another system you can try the graphics card in to see if it even works?

Reactions: Krotow
Solution
Feb 13, 2022

well crap looks like ill have to drop another 300-400 dollars on a new GPU, cuz this one isn't working and I cant return it. well thanks for the advice.:(

Let me give you another piece of advice, in hopes that it might help in the future. I realize it's hard these days to not see the hope of a good deal in a piece of used hardware HOWEVER, there is very little chance in most cases, especially currently, in that happening.

The reasons are plentiful. For one, hardware IS expensive, so anybody with hardware is either likely to hang on to it or to try and get as much as possible for it given the insane prices right now for new hardware and a very high demand. So if a price seems "good" or "reasonable", it's probably because something is wrong and they just want to offload the card on somebody. And this applies to legitimate retailers as much as it does private sellers. Case in point.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL-eB_Bv5Ik

Further, there are definitely a lot of 1000% straight up scammers looking to rip you off. Plus, used hardware, when not purchased from somebody you know well enough to invite to your mom's house for the holidays, is not somebody you want to buy used hardware from even under the best of circumstances, which we are not currently in. Yes, new hardware costs a lot right now, but at least you mostly have warranty, retail guarantee and the probability that if it is new it is at least NOT ALREADY BROKEN.

Otherwise, make sure you buy from somebody that will allow you to personally witness that the hardware actually works.