[SOLVED] I have no clue about PCs but my CPU is becoming very hot (95°C-100°C) lately need some help guys :c

Aug 15, 2021
So I have a pre-built PC from MSI called Aegis 3 it's the 9th gen and my CPU is becoming very hot and my fans are just really loud recently.
My Overall Game experience with this pre-built PC is actually really nice and to begin with, these fans weren't that loud. So I'm using my PC for gaming and illustration (Valorant, Genshin Impact, and Photoshop) basically said my fans are just becoming really as soon as I start a game excluding photoshop, and my CPU becomes really hot and my fans become really loud at the same time which obviously makes sense but I just don't get why it becomes so hot (95-100°c) in a few minutes, but as soon as I close a game they cool down very fast. Idk what else I could add to this problem I need some help I'm kinda scared I don't want to burn anything because it was really expensive...

Solution
Undervolting would be a patchwork solution. If it is starting to run hotter than it used to, then something else is happening, and you want to get to the solution for the actual problem.

Have you cleaned the fans and/or dust filters on the PC Case and the CPU cooler? Dust can reduce airflow pretty heavily.
Do all of the fans actually spin properly, with no interference, like cables in the way?
How old is the PC? It is possible the thermal paste is loosing efficiency if older or used very heavily very often.

As far as how fast it heats up and cools down, that seems normal. It will not take very long for a CPU under load to get pretty hot, and when that load goes away, the temperatures will drop a significant amount almost...
Undervolting would be a patchwork solution. If it is starting to run hotter than it used to, then something else is happening, and you want to get to the solution for the actual problem.

Have you cleaned the fans and/or dust filters on the PC Case and the CPU cooler? Dust can reduce airflow pretty heavily.
Do all of the fans actually spin properly, with no interference, like cables in the way?
How old is the PC? It is possible the thermal paste is loosing efficiency if older or used very heavily very often.

As far as how fast it heats up and cools down, that seems normal. It will not take very long for a CPU under load to get pretty hot, and when that load goes away, the temperatures will drop a significant amount almost immediately. Personally, running at 70C while under load, the temps will drop to 60C within a second of shutting the program down. (Air coolers anyway, water coolers take longer to heat up and to cool down)

Solution
Aug 15, 2021
I cleaned the insides but not properly I ordered some compressed air so I can clean it completely. I will try undervolting after this and If that wont help Ill get a thermal paste, I dont know if the thermal pastes from crossair are good but Im planning to buy them , should I get them? We will se in a few days Ill text again as soon as I cleaned my pc, ok? One more thing should I get a thermal paste first or go for undervolting? I have the feeling nothing is broken, its either the dust or the paste. Thx in advance!

jasechiu

Prominent
Dec 3, 2019
I cleaned the insides but not properly I ordered some compressed air so I can clean it completely. I will try undervolting after this and If that wont help Ill get a thermal paste, I dont know if the thermal pastes from crossair are good but Im planning to buy them , should I get them? We will se in a few days Ill text again as soon as I cleaned my pc, ok? One more thing should I get a thermal paste first or go for undervolting? I have the feeling nothing is broken, its either the dust or the paste. Thx in advance!
I suggest you take a look at your thermal paste. My friend had the same issue with his CPU temps going up to about 90 - 95° C. When I suggested him to take off his cooler to check, he discovered very little paste and has dried off. Undervolting should be the second last resort.

Definitely clean it before anything else. As I said above, undervolting will fix the temps, but will not fix the actual issue, whatever that is. It is just a coverup. If cleaning does not help the temps, replace the thermal paste. Arctic MX-5 is a decent paste, if I remember correctly.