Question I have no display after putting in new ram, even if I put the old ram in, there's no display.

Sep 6, 2018
So yesterday I bought ram I tried putting it on, there was no display I figured the new ones were not compatible. So I put the old ones back in, suddenly there is no signal detected, no display. I've tried everything reset the CMOS, try the ram one by one, run on the motherboard display, reinstall the whole pc. The pc turns on but there's no display. The pc worked perfectly fine yesterday.

Either your PSU decided to give up right at that time, or you fried your motherboard during operations (static electricity discharge, short circuit when plugging in the new RAM sticks).
Try unplugging it completely, remove the battery for a minute, then try again with a new PSU. If it still doesn't work, you're good to get yourself a new motherboard.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Just to confirm depending on how you did it:

• Unplug PC from power outlet
  • Hold the PC power button for 10 seconds to power cycle
  • Remove RAM
  • Remove CMOS battery, leave for 1 min
  • Put in OLD RAM in the slot stipulated by your motherboard manual.
  • Reinster CMOS battery.
  • Plug in PC, and power up.
See if there is any difference first. Have you also tried 1 module but in each individual slot?
Have you changed anything else at all?

Also cover everything in this guide to cover anything else obvious that may have occured during the upgrade:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/