[SOLVED] I have no idea what monitor to buy

a-guy

Prominent
Aug 17, 2019
So i have a gaming laptop with I7 7700HQ + 1050Ti + 16GB RAM windows 10 64 bit
and i have a tiny display and i want to finally a gaming monitor (under 130 dollars)
and i have no idea which one to get

it should atleast have :

60hz
4ms response time
Full HD
adjustable stand
and my laptop only has HDMI

Solution
I have found the Samsung LED LCD Monitors to be AMONG THE BEST for overall picture quality, color purity, brightness, ease-of-use, versatility and durability. I have used and owned the LS24A300B, S24D390, S27B350, S27D390, S27E330 and the LS27F352. I have used them with Analog VGA (DB-15), DVI-D and HDMI inputs. The 24-inch models are nice for quick response, low power consumption and a quad-or-hex-monitor setup. The 27-inch models are great for a dual-or-triple-monitor vertical setup. I have seen 27-inch and 32-inch Monitors used in quad-or-hex setups, BUT ONLY IF you have a desk the size of a Nimitz-Class SuperCarrier!! I do not do much gaming, but I have watched Full HD movies on all of them with excellent results...

a-guy

Prominent
Aug 17, 2019
What country are you in? What's your budget? A monitor is something that lasts a very long time, and you'll be staring at for years, so you'll want to make sure you're happy with how it looks, image-wise.

My budget is 130 dollars and im in czech republic also i think i just found the best monitor its 24inch, 60hz, full HD, has a 4ms response time has a adjustable stand and it does have HDMI and its under 130 dollars if you want you can use google translate and look at it here https://www.alza.cz/24-samsung-s24f350fhu-d4292618.htm#popis or you can just google it : 24" Samsung S24F350

ChevetteSCx

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
I have found the Samsung LED LCD Monitors to be AMONG THE BEST for overall picture quality, color purity, brightness, ease-of-use, versatility and durability. I have used and owned the LS24A300B, S24D390, S27B350, S27D390, S27E330 and the LS27F352. I have used them with Analog VGA (DB-15), DVI-D and HDMI inputs. The 24-inch models are nice for quick response, low power consumption and a quad-or-hex-monitor setup. The 27-inch models are great for a dual-or-triple-monitor vertical setup. I have seen 27-inch and 32-inch Monitors used in quad-or-hex setups, BUT ONLY IF you have a desk the size of a Nimitz-Class SuperCarrier!! I do not do much gaming, but I have watched Full HD movies on all of them with excellent results. (AndTHAT is high praise, considering that I STILL REFUSE to give up my 600Hz Plasma HDTVs!)

Most serious Gamers tend to go for highest refresh rates (120Hz, 144Hz) and Lowest Response Time (1-to-2ms), but for your budget, the Samsung F350-Series is a great choice. As for comparison, I have also had two LGs, an S22E33T, and a 32-inch (which seemed a little to obtrusive)...but I have just ended up back with the Samsungs, two 27-inch, this time. (BTW, all the monitors I have ever owned, were purchased pre-owned, and were several years old.)

Solution

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
My budget is 130 dollars and im in czech republic also i think i just found the best monitor its 24inch, 60hz, full HD, has a 4ms response time has a adjustable stand and it does have HDMI and its under 130 dollars if you want you can use google translate and look at it here https://www.alza.cz/24-samsung-s24f350fhu-d4292618.htm#popis or you can just google it : 24" Samsung S24F350
If you can find one - the ideal would be to get a monitor that has FreeSync. AMD cards, and Nvidia cards starting with the 10-series and later, support it. It allows the GPU to change the refresh rate on the fly to match its own output.

Even if it's a narrow FreeSync range, it's helpful for smoothing things out if performance fluctuates.

EDIT: I just realized that the page you linked shows that your monitor DOES have FreeSync, so you should be good to go. I could only find the FreeSync Range of the S24F350FHW model, which is 48-75, but not for the S24F350. It's probably similar, or maybe is 48-60. That still offers benefits, though.

Last edited:

a-guy

Prominent
Aug 17, 2019
I have found the Samsung LED LCD Monitors to be AMONG THE BEST for overall picture quality, color purity, brightness, ease-of-use, versatility and durability. I have used and owned the LS24A300B, S24D390, S27B350, S27D390, S27E330 and the LS27F352. I have used them with Analog VGA (DB-15), DVI-D and HDMI inputs. The 24-inch models are nice for quick response, low power consumption and a quad-or-hex-monitor setup. The 27-inch models are great for a dual-or-triple-monitor vertical setup. I have seen 27-inch and 32-inch Monitors used in quad-or-hex setups, BUT ONLY IF you have a desk the size of a Nimitz-Class SuperCarrier!! I do not do much gaming, but I have watched Full HD movies on all of them with excellent results. (AndTHAT is high praise, considering that I STILL REFUSE to give up my 600Hz Plasma HDTVs!)

Most serious Gamers tend to go for highest refresh rates (120Hz, 144Hz) and Lowest Response Time (1-to-2ms), but for your budget, the Samsung F350-Series is a great choice. As for comparison, I have also had two LGs, an S22E33T, and a 32-inch (which seemed a little to obtrusive)...but I have just ended up back with the Samsungs, two 27-inch, this time. (BTW, all the monitors I have ever owned, were purchased pre-owned, and were several years old.)

I guess im gonna go with the S24F350 and buy samsung monitors in the future. Thanks for the reply!