[SOLVED] I have no Idea What my problem is anymore

Sep 8, 2021
Hi so I recently replaced thermal compound in my cpu and it did not boot, turned out that there was some paste On the Cpu Pins. So I cleaned it off and my pc booted. But now I get random stutters and frame drops every now and then and it’s really off putting. CPU temps are Fine. Gpu Temps are fine. Mobo temps are fine. Im just really lost at this point, I’ve tried to screw around In the bios to see if I could improve performance but nothings worked. I’ve run lots of diagnostics but I can’t seem to come to a conclusion. The only thing I can think of is that I might have damaged one of the ram slots on my motherboard by bending out it Of place for like half a second when I was re seating the ram, but it’s not bent anymore and the ram in the slot still reads . I’ve tried booting with one ram stick in the “un damaged” slot and I still get stutters and dramatic frame drops. Another thing is that one of the cpu pins Has some black on it (Picture) But I doubt that’s the issue. I’ve applied the thermal paste fine and the cpu voltage is stable when gaming, not going below 3 gigahertz And the heatsink is screwed on correctly .
Cpu pin black: View: https://imgur.com/a/64Le7Tr

Specs: CPU; ryzen 5 3400g
Ram: two 4 gig sticks of ballistix
Mobo: Msi a320 pro max
Psu:Corsair 650 watt non modular psu
gpu: gtx 1650 super

Solution
Hi so I recently replaced thermal compound in my cpu and it did not boot, turned out that there was some paste On the Cpu Pins. So I cleaned it off and my pc booted. But now I get random stutters and frame drops every now and then and it’s really off putting. CPU temps are Fine. Gpu Temps are fine. Mobo temps are fine. Im just really lost at this point, I’ve tried to screw around In the bios to see if I could improve performance but nothings worked. I’ve run lots of diagnostics but I can’t seem to come to a conclusion. The only thing I can think of is that I might have damaged one of the ram slots on my motherboard by bending out it Of place for like half a second when I was re seating the ram, but it’s not bent anymore and the ram...
Hi so I recently replaced thermal compound in my cpu and it did not boot, turned out that there was some paste On the Cpu Pins. So I cleaned it off and my pc booted. But now I get random stutters and frame drops every now and then and it’s really off putting. CPU temps are Fine. Gpu Temps are fine. Mobo temps are fine. Im just really lost at this point, I’ve tried to screw around In the bios to see if I could improve performance but nothings worked. I’ve run lots of diagnostics but I can’t seem to come to a conclusion. The only thing I can think of is that I might have damaged one of the ram slots on my motherboard by bending out it Of place for like half a second when I was re seating the ram, but it’s not bent anymore and the ram in the slot still reads . I’ve tried booting with one ram stick in the “un damaged” slot and I still get stutters and dramatic frame drops. Another thing is that one of the cpu pins Has some black on it (Picture) But I doubt that’s the issue. I’ve applied the thermal paste fine and the cpu voltage is stable when gaming, not going below 3 gigahertz And the heatsink is screwed on correctly .
Cpu pin black: View: https://imgur.com/a/64Le7Tr

Specs: CPU; ryzen 5 3400g
Ram: two 4 gig sticks of ballistix
Mobo: Msi a320 pro max
Psu:Corsair 650 watt non modular psu
gpu: gtx 1650 super
try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver (both nvidia and radeon) using DDU (clean and do not restart, so that 2 driver could be uninstalled without needing to reboot).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 8 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, reboot, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them. Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest win 10 update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Last edited:
Solution
Sep 8, 2021
try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver (both nvidia and radeon) using DDU (clean and do not restart, so that 2 driver could be uninstalled without needing to reboot).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 8 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, reboot, go to power plan and choose amd ryzen balanced, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them. Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest win 10 update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png
Thanks you for the reply, I’m gonna try this , a note is that this was happening before I went and bought a gpu

Reactions: Koekieezz