i have no tv monitor, how can i use a xbox one s with my laptop display?

Stan13572

Reputable
May 3, 2019
i have no tv monitor, how can i use a xbox one s with my laptop display? i have 2 laptops, i have a samsung laptop 305E (Windows 7) and i have a HP laptop, (windows 10 pro), manufactured around 2010.

also i have 2 monitors, a hp pavilion f50 (old 2000's monitor) and a samsung monitor (made around 2010).

i tried using the HDMI port on the laptops it didn't work .
then i looked in the control panel >> display options but i couldn't make it work.

what do you friends think?

Laptop hdmi port is an output only port. You won't be able to use it for input of the laptop monitor.

I also do not know if you can simply use hp pavilion f50 but that Samsung monitor from 2010 should be useable. Please post the exact model to be sure.

Stan13572

Reputable
May 3, 2019
Laptop hdmi port is an output only port. You won't be able to use it for input of the laptop monitor.

I also do not know if you can simply use hp pavilion f50 but that Samsung monitor from 2010 should be useable. Please post the exact model to be sure.

Hi, guanyu210379

i have a samsung 2233RZ monitor. do you think it will work?

2233RZ ? I do not know if it is easier to get the monitor running with XBOX One S or simply go buy a cheapo new monitor.
2233RZ does not have a standard TV resolution, 1680x1050.
If it has 720p or 1080p, the chance of having it working, without doing special efforts, would be higher.
Aside from the resolution, the monitor only has a DVI-D and no HDMI, you need an adapter from hdmi to DVI-D which can also give audio output. That monitor does not have any speakers and DVI-D can not convey audio signal. The audio part will have to be connected to an audio device.

2233RZ ? I do not know if it is easier to get the monitor running with XBOX One S or simply go buy a cheapo new monitor.
2233RZ does not have a standard TV resolution, 1680x1050.
If it has 720p or 1080p, the chance of having it working, without doing special efforts, would be higher.
Aside from the resolution, the monitor only has a DVI-D and no HDMI, you need an adapter from hdmi to DVI-D which can also give audio output. That monitor does not have any speakers and DVI-D can not convey audio signal. The audio part will have to be connected to an audio device.
If this is an XBox One the newer controllers have a regular 3.5mm jack so can get sound this way. Not sure about the resolution issue but seeing as the S & X support 1440p maybe they have better options :unsure:

As far as I know, 480p, 720p, 1080p, 4k and 1440p are supported on the S and X.
1680x1050? I do not know.
Also, unknown, how the monitor reacts if it received other resolution e.g. 720p.
Will it work but only stretched? Blackbars?

Stan13572

Reputable
May 3, 2019
If this is an XBox One the newer controllers have a regular 3.5mm jack so can get sound this way. Not sure about the resolution issue but seeing as the S & X support 1440p maybe they have better options :unsure:

Hi is there a way to connect the Xbox to my Wi-Fi, and then, to use my laptop or Samsung Monitor?

using a HDMI cable, and power cable and just wi-fi ,

or is there some sort of "cable box" i can buy?

is there a software emulator i can buy , to connect the xbox to my computer displays?

Last edited:
Hi is there a way to connect the Xbox to my Wi-Fi, and then, to use my laptop or Samsung Monitor?

using a HDMI cable, and power cable and just wi-fi ,

or is there some sort of "cable box" i can buy?

is there a software emulator i can buy , to connect the xbox to my computer displays?

Sort of. If the laptop has Windows 10 and your network is fast enough you can stream an Xbox One to the laptop. However this does add lag and reduces picture quality.

Stan13572

Reputable
May 3, 2019
Sort of. If the laptop has Windows 10 and your network is fast enough you can stream an Xbox One to the laptop. However this does add lag and reduces picture quality.

how do i stream it, what is it called in Microsoft store (Windows 10 ) ? i have Windows 10.