[SOLVED] I have not experience in building a PC from scratch so I will need some help.

Sep 19, 2019
This will be my first time building a PC and my budged is fairly tight around ~700 USD . I checked with a couple of sited if the parts are compatible with each other and it looked fine, but still wanted to be sure so I came here . If everything listed below can work together the only thing left is the power supply.
PS. Will be mainly used for games and programming
TL`DR
1.Will this setup work together?
2.Good power supply for it ? ( <90 USD )
So far I have chosen this parts for it https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sst8TC .

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor - 135 USD
Motherboard - ASRock AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard - 90 USD
Memory - Kingston FURY 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory - 85 USD
Video Card - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB OC Video Card - 266 USD
Case - XIGMATEK ASTRO A (4 x 120mm fans included )
( https://www.xigmatek.com/product_detail.php?item=186 ) - 50 USD
Power supply - ?

Solution
You have been very helpful so far for which I thank you I hope this will be me my last question.
If i get the ASRock AB350 motherboard and the Seasonic Focus 750 Gold PSU which would be the better choice for connection the fans from the case 4 x 120mm ?(don't know how many pins they are gonna see when the parts arrive i guess)
The motherboard have 3xfan headers and 1x cpu fan header. So one out of 4 you want be able to connect it. You can get a 3-pin to molex cable for like 1 euro and connect it to the psu but you want be able to control it and it will run at 100%. Also if your fans are with 3 pin cable (and not 4pin pmw) you will be able to control only the one that is connected to the sys_fan header and the others not. You...
This should work good https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Htwkcq
Your motherboard is not worth the price with less you can take B450 tomahawk that is a far better motherboard. I am a previous owner of the Asrock AB350 Pro4 for 80$ would be a good choice but not for 120$. If you want to invest some more ~750$ you can take the 550W version of the psu so you can have more upgrade options in the future for gpu's and rather get a HDD and a sata SSD you can take a single nvme m.2 500gb drive and add an HDD later.

Sep 19, 2019
This should work good https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Htwkcq
Your motherboard is not worth the price with less you can take B450 tomahawk that is a far better motherboard. I am a previous owner of the Asrock AB350 Pro4 for 80$ would be a good choice but not for 120$. If you want to invest some more ~750$ you can take the 550W version of the psu so you can have more upgrade options in the future for gpu's and rather get a HDD and a sata SSD you can take a single nvme m.2 500gb drive and add an HDD later.
Unfortunately no one in my country is selling one there are all out of stock (and shipping is usually pretty price for me cause we may be in the EU we still don't use Euro so everything cost twice as much ) and yes the motherboard will be bough for 80$ and not 120$. I was thinking of buying a 700-750W PSU. I don't really know if they will fit the build but I found a couple with the 80 plus (which i read is pretty good)
Cooler Master MasterWatt 750W Bronze (MPX-7501-AMAAB) - 85USD
Seasonic Focus 750 Gold (SSR-750FM) - 93 USD (I think this could be considered an upgrade of your choice?)
GIGABYTE G750H 750W Gold - 90 USD
Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750W Gold (SSR-750FX) - 111 USD (which is above my budged, but still could be considered)

Unfortunately no one in my country is selling one there are all out of stock (and shipping is usually pretty price for me cause we may be in the EU we still don't use Euro so everything cost twice as much ) and yes the motherboard will be bough for 80$ and not 120$. I was thinking of buying a 700-750W PSU. I don't really know if they will fit the build but I found a couple with the 80 plus (which i read is pretty good)
Cooler Master MasterWatt 750W Bronze (MPX-7501-AMAAB) - 85USD
Seasonic Focus 750 Gold (SSR-750FM) - 93 USD (I think this could be considered an upgrade of your choice?)
GIGABYTE G750H 750W Gold - 90 USD
Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750W Gold (SSR-750FX) - 111 USD (which is above my budged, but still could be considered)
450W are enough for this system right now you will only need a 750W psu if you want to run a 2080ti. 550W-650W would be enough if you have your mind for future upgrades. Also look for Corsair RMx and Seasonic focus plus PSU's because they give 10 years Warranty. From the choices you said the best would be the Seasonic Focus 750 Gold (SSR-750FM) but its the not plus model so you will get 7 years warranty.

Sep 19, 2019
450W are enough for this system right now you will only need a 750W psu if you want to run a 2080ti. 550W-650W would be enough if you have your mind for future upgrades. Also look for Corsair RMx and Seasonic focus plus PSU's because they give 10 years Warranty. From the choices you said the best would be the Seasonic Focus 750 Gold (SSR-750FM) but its the not plus model so you will get 7 years warranty.
I was originally thinking getting a 650 Seasonic but the 750 (both are focus gold ) only cost 10$ more , would there be a problem in putting a much more powerful PSU?

Sep 19, 2019
No getting a bigger psu is not a problem only if you get a weaker psu than your system requires you will experience problems.
You have been very helpful so far for which I thank you I hope this will be me my last question.
If i get the ASRock AB350 motherboard and the Seasonic Focus 750 Gold PSU - which of the 2 parts would be the better choice for connecting the fans from the case to? [4 x 120mm ](don't know how many pins they are gonna see when the parts arrive i guess)

If i get the ASRock AB350 motherboard and the Seasonic Focus 750 Gold PSU which would be the better choice for connection the fans from the case 4 x 120mm ?(don't know how many pins they are gonna see when the parts arrive i guess)
The motherboard have 3xfan headers and 1x cpu fan header. So one out of 4 you want be able to connect it. You can get a 3-pin to molex cable for like 1 euro and connect it to the psu but you want be able to control it and it will run at 100%. Also if your fans are with 3 pin cable (and not 4pin pmw) you will be able to control only the one that is connected to the sys_fan header and the others not. You can also buy a fan controller https://www.amazon.com/DEEPCOOL-FH-...ntroller&qid=1568900908&s=gateway&sr=8-3&th=1 or something like this https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matter...68900950&s=gateway&sprefix=4+pin+spli,aps,246

Reactions: Darkeda
Solution

TRENDING THREADS