[SOLVED] I have Nvidia gtx 1060 6GB AMP Edition, Intel I5 6400 8GB ram and 1tb hdd and it stuttering like lowest pc can you help me

i_alex5

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2016
I have Nvidia gtx 1060 6GB AMP Edition, Intel I5 6400 8gb ram and 1tb hdd and it stuttering ( NFS heat or COD Warzone or little heavy game.)like lowest pc can you help me.!!

and also 100% Disk Usage while playing NFS heat or COD Warzone or little heavy game.

Solution
Any solution for this issue ?
I have Nvidia gtx 1060 6GB AMP Edition, Intel I5 6400 8gb ram and 1tb hdd and it stuttering ( NFS heat or COD Warzone or little heavy game.)like lowest pc can you help me.!!

and also 100% Disk Usage while playing NFS heat or COD Warzone or little heavy game.

You have two problems that are inter-related. The combination of (a) not enough RAM and (b) a mechanical HDD (vs an SDD).

With only 8GB of DRAM, your machine is frequently swapping DRAM pages to physical disk. Every time your system needs to swap memory, it must wait for your slow HDD. This is when your machine 'stutters'. This is also why you are seeing 100% disk utilization.

When you say you saw another machine 'playing well'...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Can't say for NFS but COD runs much better with 16GB ram. Pagefile on the HDD gets used quite a bit otherwise, slowing things down and can cause stutters.

It's not just about ram though. The cpu being a quad is stretching the limits in modern games. Perhaps a different story if it had hyperthreading.

Can try memory upgrade to 2x8GB first and see how you go.

i_alex5

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2016
Can't say for NFS but COD runs much better with 16GB ram. Pagefile on the HDD gets used quite a bit otherwise, slowing things down and can cause stutters.

It's not just about ram though. The cpu being a quad is stretching the limits in modern games. Perhaps a different story if it had hyperthreading.

Can try memory upgrade to 2x8GB first and see how you go.

I saw some game play (COD warzone) on youtube. They have only 8GB RAM with this they are playing well (COD Warzone)

Apr 15, 2020
Any solution for this issue ?

You have two problems that are inter-related. The combination of (a) not enough RAM and (b) a mechanical HDD (vs an SDD).

With only 8GB of DRAM, your machine is frequently swapping DRAM pages to physical disk. Every time your system needs to swap memory, it must wait for your slow HDD. This is when your machine 'stutters'. This is also why you are seeing 100% disk utilization.

When you say you saw another machine 'playing well' with only 8GB, you probably didn't check to see if that system had an SSD.

High disk utilization is the result of not having enough memory and/or having too slow of an HDD.

Two Three ways to fix this:

1. Give your machine more DRAM so it won't need to swap memory back and forth to HDD as much.
  2. Upgrade your HDD to an SSD so that memory swaps happen faster.
  3. Do both #1 and #2.

Reactions: i_alex5 and boju
Solution