[SOLVED] I have placed my CPU fan directly facing to the back is that bad?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2699803
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2699803

Yeah so as the title says I have placed the CPU fan facing directly at the back fan, is this wrong? and if so, should I bother changing it and what effect will it have?

Solution
if your CPU fan is blowing towards the back of ur computer thats fine as long as the fan in the back is also exhausting air out the back. infact thats the ideal setup
D

Deleted member 2699803

I'm not sure how to tell, I don't get high temps about 60 under load and 38 idle

wwaaacs5

Commendable
Oct 19, 2018
if your CPU fan is blowing towards the back of ur computer thats fine as long as the fan in the back is also exhausting air out the back. infact thats the ideal setup

Solution

wwaaacs5

Commendable
Oct 19, 2018

normally with fans, where ever the top of the fan is with a head, normaly where the logo is, is the side where the fan gets sucked into the fan, and the back of the fan where there are normaly plastic support bars is the side the air is pushed out. normally 60/30s are good temps.

D

Deleted member 2699803

I don't feel air coming out the back that's the only issue, does this matter as I get stable temps?

wwaaacs5

Commendable
Oct 19, 2018
depends on the settings of ur fans. if they are plugged into ur mothboard, its has various speed settings the hotter your PC runs, the faster the fans will run. so if the temps are good, then lets assume that the fans are not turned up all the way because they dont need to be.

christopherjames

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013

Yes its wrong. If the fans are actually "facing" each other then they are blowing in the opposite direction. Your rear fan is an exhaust. Your tower cooler should "face" the front of your pc. That way it is blowing towards the back of your case and the rear exhaust fan.