[SOLVED] I have problems with portforwarding

Aug 5, 2020
So i didnt had any problems till today i port forwarded a long time ago but when i reinstalled windows nothing was working i got strict nat and i cant run my minecraft server everything i try wont work

Solution
if you're having this many issues with playing games online with other people, I suggest you do a factory reset on the router.
If that doesn't help, then contact your ISP about it because they may be blocking a lot of things on their end.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Your port forwarding setup should be in the router settings.
And the port forwarding settings in your router should be set to affect a specific IP address that is assigned to your computer and that IP address should be manually set as a static IP address on your PC.

If you did a clean install of Windows then the static IP address settings in Windows got reset to automatic.

If you don't remember the static IP you set up, then go into your router settings, go to port forwarding, then see which IP address has the minecraft port being forwarded, then set that as your static IP in IPV4 settings of your computer's network adapter.

In regards to NAT, there is sometimes an option for NAT settings in routers depending on the router.

Otherwise, you need to use a good DNS service.

Google's DNS is good.
Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8
Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4

Last edited:

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Use this website to check and make sure that the port is actually being forwarded by the router.
you need to run the server first, then check to see if it's being forwarded.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
if you are saying that you can't actually run the server jar file in the first place, then that's a completely different issue, and you might not have the latest Java installed or at all.

If you have a 64 bit operating system, you need to make sure you have 64 bit java installed.

Go to this link, and download the offline installer for 64 bit and install it.

https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Aug 5, 2020
Ok so now i dont have any problem with minecraft but on for honor i have red nat and i cant change it and because of that i cant host monopoly plus servers and port cheker doesnt detect any port

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
if you're having this many issues with playing games online with other people, I suggest you do a factory reset on the router.
If that doesn't help, then contact your ISP about it because they may be blocking a lot of things on their end.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS