I have query regarding ps4 slim

Manuj_UFNF

Honorable
May 25, 2016
So, my q is that is it necessary to have wifi enabled pc for the set up of ps4 slim, i'm buying it so needed to confirm it. Thank you.

Solution
No problemo.

Yes, the PS4 has built in ethernet card to which you can attach a normal Rj-45 Lan cable. It also has inbuilt wifi if you dont want to use the LAN cable. you only need to connect your PS4 to the TV via HDMI (this will carry both video and audio signals). The TV does not need to be a smart TV for the PS4 to work. Even if it were a smart TV, its smart features would not be used by PS4. Hope it helps.:)

hellraiser06

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
PS4 is a standalone gaming console. You just need internet to set it up. Either via LAN cable or with wifi. PC is not at all required to set up a PS4. PC is only needed with a console if you want to record and keep high quality gameplay videos and/or to stream. Otherwise, I dont think there is any reason to have a PC for setting up a PS4.

hellraiser06

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
No problemo.

Yes, the PS4 has built in ethernet card to which you can attach a normal Rj-45 Lan cable. It also has inbuilt wifi if you dont want to use the LAN cable. you only need to connect your PS4 to the TV via HDMI (this will carry both video and audio signals). The TV does not need to be a smart TV for the PS4 to work. Even if it were a smart TV, its smart features would not be used by PS4. Hope it helps.:)

Solution