[SOLVED] I have question about my new samsung tv

rvd150

Honorable
Jul 9, 2015
i bought new TV from Samsung 55 inch 4K curved i have question when i open black picture i get not full black i have some white light so it is normal or this problem

i dont know in TV when i open black screen it should open with black dark or with some light ????

sorry for my English

i need fast answer thanks for all

Last edited:
Solution
You are experiencing that because that TV does not have full array backlighting. When an object appears on-screen that needs backlighting(white text on black background), the entire LED backlight assembly brightens.

RacAtat007

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012
i bought new TV from Samsung 55 inch 4K curved i have question when i open black picture i get not full black i have some white light so it is normal or this problem

i dont know in TV when i open black screen it should open with black dark or with some light ????

sorry for my English

i need fast answer thanks for all
This is the exact issue I have with my monitor. I was able to make it a little better by going into the settings and adjusting the contrast, backlight and a few other settings. It's still not gone and it's annoying me to no end. My problem happens in dark scenes with faces, instead of them having shadows I get a white glow. If you manage to get it fixed please update so I can try the same thing. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

RacAtat007

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012
Ok so I think I fixed mine. I spent hours trying to get rid of it then I read your post and in 2 min I got it.

See if you have a setting called black level or black tuner or something like that. Turn it down until the lights go away and then adjust the brightness to make up for the darker picture. IDK why my monitor came from the factory set like this but lowering it seemed to fix mine. If that doesn't work try to pause where you can see the light and go through the picture settings 1 by 1 to see if anyone of them will get rid of it. Good luck

rvd150

Honorable
Jul 9, 2015
So ur tv like my tv but ...When I try this video I get the backlight bleed only happening when the words of the video appears in the black screen. without the words, is more like when the TV is off

I dont know it is normal or this problem I think all TV Like this

RacAtat007

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012
So ur tv like my tv but ...When I try this video I get the backlight bleed only happening when the words of the video appears in the black screen. without the words, is more like when the TV is off

I dont know it is normal or this problem I think all TV Like this
I think backlight bleed happens around the edges or behind the screen all the time. What you have sounds like the picture needs to be adjusted

oughtsix

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
I have a Samsung 55" curved TV as my main monitor (BEST MONITOR EVER!!!). There is just the most minor touch of light bleed around the edges with an all black picture. I use my system for software development not gaming so it has never been a problem for me and I would not have noticed it unless I specifically looked for it.

Is your resolution set for 3840x2160? If I set the resolution to the higher 4K resolution that my graphics cars lets me the light bleed is much more noticeable.

In the TV setup make sure the TV is set to Expand picture to screen. My TV had this off by default and the light bleed was much more noticeable along the edges.