Question I have questions about bottleneck , If anybody can help i would highly appreciate the help :).

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waynebouvett

Prominent
Feb 4, 2019
Processor Type Intel Core i5-8400
Motherboard Intel B360
CPU Speed 2.6 GHz (Turbo 4.0 GHz)
Memory 16 GB
Memory Type DDR4
Memory Speed 2666 MHz
Memory Configuration 2 x 8 GB
Storage 2 TB + 250 GB
Storage Type Hard Drive, Solid State Drive
Storage Form Factor 3.5" SATA + M.2 (SATA)
Graphics Chipset GeForce RTX 2080
Power Supply EVGA 750W

I want the know that if cpu goes up to 90 % if it's the cause of the stuttering?
gpu at 50% and 60% .pls if you could help this is a new pc and i had issues with it for weeks now.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm, I would have though CPU usage would decrease. But if it isn't stuttering much any more (which would correspond to the spikes in frame time you were seeing), that would seem to indicate a CPU bottleneck. So yeah you could upgrade your CPU. Or you could just continue to run at 4K, or even higher if you're still getting a bit of stuttering, to try to make sure you're always primarily limited by your GPU.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, as much as it can be a pain, doing a clean install of OS and drivers is a great way to get yourself to a known good software state and eliminate some possibilities.

It also might be worthwhile looking at what the CPU frequency is doing over time when gaming, and seeing if there's any significant dips.

waynebouvett

Prominent
Feb 4, 2019
I ran furmark the gpu is has stable frametime 9.1ms to 10ms but when I used my cpu it spikes a lot it goes unstable , I tested the ram no problems there so it might be the cpu bottleneck or a faulty one

my guess is
that either it's the cpu or the motherboard.