Question I have questions about bottleneck , If anybody can help i would highly appreciate the help :).

waynebouvett

Prominent
Feb 4, 2019
Processor Type Intel Core i5-8400
Motherboard Intel B360
CPU Speed 2.6 GHz (Turbo 4.0 GHz)
Memory 16 GB
Memory Type DDR4
Memory Speed 2666 MHz
Memory Configuration 2 x 8 GB
Storage 2 TB + 250 GB
Storage Type Hard Drive, Solid State Drive
Storage Form Factor 3.5" SATA + M.2 (SATA)
Graphics Chipset GeForce RTX 2080
Power Supply EVGA 750W

I want the know that if cpu goes up to 90 % if it's the cause of the stuttering?
gpu at 50% and 60% .pls if you could help this is a new pc and i had issues with it for weeks now.

waynebouvett

Prominent
Feb 4, 2019
could it be the monitor because i tryed my ps4 and it stutters too and pc is brand new and i tryed to 2 weeks of research but nothing is working so my only suspect that it could be the monitor

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
I was just asking if you had it on or not, as Vsync can cause stuttering. I'll take that as a no.

Yes, it's possible you have a CPU bottleneck if you're already at 100+ fps. You could try turning up graphics settings (including turning on DSR to render at higher resolutions) to try to shift more load onto your GPU and bring down your FPS to the point where your CPU is no longer the limiting factor. Or you could try setting a frame rate target that's just under your monitor's refresh rate. I don't know if Nvidia has a frame rate target mechanism built into their drivers, but if not some games have one in their options. Assuming you don't really need as high of fps as you're currently getting, considering your monitor refresh rate is only 70 Hz.

InvalidError

Titan
this happens to all of the games i play , i don't think it overheats cpu sits at 51 c at idle and 60c while gaming , gpu sits at like 60 and the max is 72
If it happens everywhere, then chances are it is caused by something either unrelated to the games or common to all of them. Over a year ago, I had problems with stutter in everything on an roughly 10s timer which I ultimately traced to Firefox. Many of the tabs I leave open all the time have a lot of scripting on them. FF's memory allocation keeps growing and I'm guessing that at some point garbage collection is tracking so much crap that the whole system starts bogging down. Restarting FF solves the issue for a couple of weeks.

Whilst it might only show 90% as an avg over the period it updates, it might be 100% during that period.

So if your tracker updates every 0.5 seconds, and it might show 90% during that period, it could be much high or much lower for small fractions of that, causing stuttering.

waynebouvett

Prominent
Feb 4, 2019
Whilst it might only show 90% as an avg over the period it updates, it might be 100% during that period.

So if your tracker updates every 0.5 seconds, and it might show 90% during that period, it could be much high or much lower for small fractions of that, causing stuttering.
ah so if i upgrade the cpu to a i7-9700k it will preform better?

The reality is that people nowadays worry too much about bottleneck, in fact way more than they should.

To being with, there's bottlenecks left and right, else you'd get infinite frames, infinite copy speed, there's bottleneck on your HDD, ram, bus, sata interface, optical drives, just as they are present on cpus and gpus.... so in 95% of the cases the bottleneck is really just in your head or you have actually to reason to worry about it.... regardless, that combo, if it would bottleneck to begin with, it would be minimal so your stuttering problems lies elsewhere, upgrade to a 9700k unless you just want better overall or you're simply rich is an extremely bad idea for several reasons...

6 cores and 6 threads is still better than 4 cores 8 threads wich is just starting to become less than optimal nowadays, so your cpu is perfectly capable and fine if i dare to say for several years still if gaming is your deal...

moving on and answering some questions, not all, you don't have to hit 100% cpu usage to have stuttering, it could be vsync, it could be ram, it could drivers issues, bad coding, does it happens in every game?

waynebouvett

Prominent
Feb 4, 2019
The reality is that people nowadays worry too much about bottleneck, in fact way more than they should.

To being with, there's bottlenecks left and right, else you'd get infinite frames, infinite copy speed, there's bottleneck on your HDD, ram, bus, sata interface, optical drives, just as they are present on cpus and gpus.... so in 95% of the cases the bottleneck is really just in your head or you have actually to reason to worry about it.... regardless, that combo, if it would bottleneck to begin with, it would be minimal so your stuttering problems lies elsewhere, upgrade to a 9700k unless you just want better overall or you're simply rich is an extremely bad idea for several reasons...

6 cores and 6 threads is still better than 4 cores 8 threads wich is just starting to become less than optimal nowadays, so your cpu is perfectly capable and fine if i dare to say for several years still if gaming is your deal...

moving on and answering some questions, not all, you don't have to hit 100% cpu usage to have stuttering, it could be vsync, it could be ram, it could drivers issues, bad coding, does it happens in every game?
yes it happens in everygame idk what to do