Question I have recently upgraded to a gtx 1660 Super from a gtx 1050ti but am not seeing a good performance boost, why?

Dec 31, 2019
The specs of my pc excluding the GPU are 8GB of ddr3 Ram a 600W PSU and an AMD fx8350. I have seen a slight fps in every game by about 10 fps and in some games 30-40 fps now i am happy with 30 fps but spending £250 or $331 i was expecting more that 10 fps increase. Is it due to my Cpu bottlenecking or due to outdated Ram can anyone help me with my minor crisis??

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador

Install and setup MSI Afterburner OSD and monitor your CPU/GPU/RAM/Temps during gaming and see where your issues lie. An 8350, for the most part, is going to hold back anything at the level of 1070 all the time and in some titles, it's going to be significant.

An 8350 overall gives you about less GPU utilization over the lowest of the Rzen CPU's "1200 $60" if that gives you some idea at where it stands.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2019
Ok..old chip..what rez are you at? Need that info to answer. Also low memory need 16gb. Sweet memory is 32gb. Please respond on rez.
I am running at 1080p on a 144hz monitor. I have also tried overclocking and underclocking my gpu using msi afterburner, i should also say that in alot of games for example overwatch and league of legends, both cpu and gpu stay at around 40-60% usage without v-sync and i cannot get them to go up

Dec 31, 2019
stick with 1 thread
I have run many benchmarks and they all keep telling me the same thing, my CPU and GPU are running at really low percentiles, any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.