I have recommended hardware for this game but only get 30 fps?

SsRicardoPT

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
So, there´s this old game (NFS MW 2005 Black Edition).
I have the recommended specs for it, but I get 30 fps with 640x480 on minimum settings!

Is it because I have windows 8.1 and in 2005 there wasn´t windows 8.1?

Anyway, here is my Asus laptop specs:
CPU Intel Core2 (Duo) T7500 2.2Ghz
GPU ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400
RAM 2GB DDR2
Windows 8.1 64bit

Solution
Can I Run It? isn't often the best tool since it just compares your hardware against the posted system requirements, which aren't always good indicators of how a game will perform. The site also doesn't seem to always take into account that mobile GPUs are considerably weaker than their desktop equivalents. The Radeon HD 2400 was a pretty slow desktop card in 2006, the mobile version would be even worse. 30 FPS at a low resolution is about as good as you're likely going to get with your current hardware.
That sounds about right, you have a laptop that's maybe only slightly newer than the game is, and that laptop wasn't high end when it came out. Do keep in mind that the specs listed in system requirements are for desktop hardware, which is always a good deal more powerful than their laptop equivalents, especially when talking about nearly 10 year old hardware. Realistically, you're probably close to what the game's minimum requirements are, especially on the GPU. Don't expect to run the game at max settings at a high resolution and get good performance.

SsRicardoPT

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

"Can I run it?" says I have recommended specs in all aspects, expect for the Windows 8.1 it says that the game no longer supports Windows 8.1 because it wasn´t available when the game came out....

SsRicardoPT

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

"Can I run it?" says I have recommended specs in all aspects, expect for the Windows 8.1 it says that the game no longer supports Windows 8.1 because it wasn´t available when the game came out....

Can I Run It? isn't often the best tool since it just compares your hardware against the posted system requirements, which aren't always good indicators of how a game will perform. The site also doesn't seem to always take into account that mobile GPUs are considerably weaker than their desktop equivalents. The Radeon HD 2400 was a pretty slow desktop card in 2006, the mobile version would be even worse. 30 FPS at a low resolution is about as good as you're likely going to get with your current hardware.

Solution

SsRicardoPT

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

Oh yea? Then why do I get more fps on CS:GO (2012) than NFS MW (2005)?