Question I have returned…. RDR2/Rust budget build pc…

TheHipHopGuineaPig

Prominent
Nov 20, 2022
I built a pc a while back to play RDR2 which played great and all for under 600, i gave it away to someone whi wanted a basic gaming pc, question is would this possible to build a budget one again, medium graphics no need for monitors, keyboard mouse. Just a reliable mid level gaming pc 👍 thanks in advance 🤓

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I built a pc a while back to play RDR2 which played great and all for under 600
If you already know how to build a budget PC, then what are you asking from us? :unsure:

would this possible to build a budget one again, medium graphics no need for monitors, keyboard mouse.
Yes, it is possible. (If this is what you're asking.)

Just a reliable mid level gaming pc
Overall, there are 3 levels of gaming PCs;
Low end - capable of playing 1080p with ~60 FPS or so.
Mid level - capable of playing 1440p (2K) with ~60 FPS or so.
High end - capable of playing 4K with ~60 FPS or so.

What you're asking, is not mid level PC. Not even low end if all what you're looking for is mediocre graphics settings. More like an office PC with dedicated, weak GPU.

TheHipHopGuineaPig

Prominent
Nov 20, 2022
If you already know how to build a budget PC, then what are you asking from us? :unsure:

Yes, it is possible. (If this is what you're asking.)

Overall, there are 3 levels of gaming PCs;
Low end - capable of playing 1080p with ~60 FPS or so.
Mid level - capable of playing 1440p (2K) with ~60 FPS or so.
High end - capable of playing 4K with ~60 FPS or so.

What you're asking, is not mid level PC. Not even low end if all what you're looking for is mediocre graphics settings. More like an office PC with dedicated, weak GPU.
Low end would be what I am hoping to build, the last build was a year or two ago and I take it bette parts would be now available. Thanks for your response.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
the last build was a year or two ago and I take it bette parts would be now available.
Take the previous build as a baseline and put all the components into pcpp,
link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Then, start looking into newer CPU and GPU. Rest of the components could remain more-or-less the same.

E.g;
DDR4 RAM is still relevant. But if you go with Ryzen 7000-, 8000- or 9000- series CPU (AM5 socket), then DDR5 RAM is a must.
With Intel, latest are 12th, 13th and 14th gen. All use LGA1700 socket and depending on MoBo, either DDR4 or DDR5 RAM. Though, 13th and 14th gen CPUs have firmware issues, so, 12th gen CPU would be the best option as of now. Intel 15th gen CPUs (LGA1851 socket) are around the corner but i doubt there would be any CPUs with 15th gen that would fit for low end build (unless you go with Celeron/Pentium CPU). But with 15th gen CPUs, DDR5 RAM is a must.

So, depending on which CPU you're going with, either DDR4 or DDR5 RAM and compatible MoBo to go along with it.

I don't know what GPU you had before. So, it could either remain same, or be better if you can find one that fits the value budget. E.g Intel ARC A380 can push ~50 FPS on 1080p medium settings. Nvidia RTX 50-series is also around the corner but given how Nvidia releases their GPUs, low-end GPUs usually come the last.
Here's also GPU hierarchy to pick a GPU: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

PSU, depending how good of a quality it was, can either remain same, or you may need to look for better quality one. PSU selection heavily depends on the GPU you pick, since latest GPUs use quite a bit of power.

SSD, PC case, fans, LEDs etc can remain the same as in previous build, since those do little, if any, in terms of more FPS. SSD can have some role in FPS, but is actually to do with loading times, rather than actual FPS. And the rest do 0 in terms of FPS (PC case, case fans, LED eyecandy).

Last edited: