Question I have so many fans options to use

Huehuel

Reputable
Sep 11, 2016
Hello if i fill every slot with very good static preassure fans

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Allo0fmfVhQ

I will be using this case that can have 8 fans on the side. 3 on the bottom. 4 on top. 4 on front and 1 on back.. I would think its cool to put alot of static preassure fans on this case... I will be watercooling alot so alot of components will be in the system. I dont think airflow fans will be a good choice here since the computer will be full of water cooling combonents... So the airflow fans wont have so much free space. I think full static preassure will be good... What do you think about this? Should i use some airflow fans or go full static preassure?

The main question is, can i have all fans installed in this case? Without bad performance? I would really want 8 intakes fans on sides. 3 intakes on bottom, 4 on the front, 4 exhaust top, 1 exhaust back.. Could you please tell me what you think about this?

Last edited:

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
Use static pressure fans on watercooling radiators and in the front and top because they will be pulling through a small space in the front of the case. If you have free space on the bottom and back, use high airflow because there is open space to pull from and push to.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador

It's a very modular case. You can stick radiators on the back panel instead of just the front/top. As shown. In this picture, there's 7 fans exhaust on radiators, 3 full intakes and a rear exhaust that's doing next to nothing but provide a little suction breeze over the mobo. Still not a negative system with all the available air from the wide open vents on the bottom.

But I think you are going about this backwards. First and foremost you need to figure out exactly what liquid cooling you will need for whatever cpu/gpus/ram/motherboard you are trying to cool. Once you know exactly what radiators you require, then figure out a rough plan of flow direction, where each radiator will go, on top, bottom, front, back, whatever. After that, you'll be having a ton of airflow just in radiator intakes and exhausts, especially if using 2x 480mm. You'll not need any further fans, they'll just be something to fill a space and possibly look cool. By then, you'll know exactly how many fans, are required, how many are luxury looks and just where they'll all go.

Huehuel

Reputable
Sep 11, 2016

It's a very modular case. You can stick radiators on the back panel instead of just the front/top. As shown. In this picture, there's 7 fans exhaust on radiators, 3 full intakes and a rear exhaust that's doing next to nothing but provide a little suction breeze over the mobo. Still not a negative system with all the available air from the wide open vents on the bottom.

But I think you are going about this backwards. First and foremost you need to figure out exactly what liquid cooling you will need for whatever cpu/gpus/ram/motherboard you are trying to cool. Once you know exactly what radiators you require, then figure out a rough plan of flow direction, where each radiator will go, on top, bottom, front, back, whatever. After that, you'll be having a ton of airflow just in radiator intakes and exhausts, especially if using 2x 480mm. You'll not need any further fans, they'll just be something to fill a space and possibly look cool. By then, you'll know exactly how many fans, are required, how many are luxury looks and just where they'll all go.

I will be using 2 radiators quad since i will hard overclock this system. Maybe if i will do this, one in the front and one radiator in the back/top or even 2 radiators in the back side but the loop will be strange. I just want to use all the fan spots for some reason. I will be using 2 gpu block and a cpu block. But maybe this, if i use alot of fans on the side since it seems not be an opening it will be cooling the plate on the chassit thats on the side like behind the mobo.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Be careful filling fan openings. You'd be far better off with actual airflow in a directed flow pattern than having air blowing in a contradictory pattern. Filling all the spots, you'll have air blowing 90° sideways to other air.

If you look at the picture, most of that front intake is drawn directly into that side panel exhaust, leaving any heat from the mobo drawn directly upwards by the top rad in natural induction. It's still a mostly in-front/out top-rear flow. By adding fans on the bottom, much of the 2 fans closest to the front will be blowing air directly into the front intakes airway, totally disrupting any heat flow. It's a mess.

The best airflow case there is, is the Silverstone Raven series. Air intake is 2x 180mm on the bottom and 2x 120mm on top. Heat rises and with a 90° motherboard setting everything vertical, natural thermal properties helped by a direct upwards path, airflow is unbeatable. And one of those 120mm is pretty much dedicated to the cpu cooler exhaust. Even a 90° rear exhaust is not needed or wanted, it'd do nothing but change airflow patterns, ruining an almost perfect system.

Last edited:
Be careful filling fan openings. You'd be far better off with actual airflow in a directed flow pattern than having air blowing in a contradictory pattern. Filling all the spots, you'll have air blowing 90° sideways to other air....

Well, not necessarily. I remember some testing where a disruptive, turbulent pattern actually cooled better because it broke up the laminar airflow patterns in which the air closest to the object has a tendency to stick to the object with the moving air rolling over it instead of pushing it out of the way. Of course, this goes against all my OCD tendencies which dictate that I set up a organized flow pattern. If he fills every slot with a fan, he will have great cooling no matter what he does.