[SOLVED] I have soldered ram on laptop, but also an extra slot. What ram should I buy?

Nov 18, 2021
Good evening, fellow humans. I have an Asus ROG Zephyrus g14 laptop which came with 8gb of soldered ram, but I also have an extra ram slot for a potential upgrade. My question is, what kind of ram should I buy? Single channel I guess since it also says this one mine? Also, will the laptop use both rams or only one? If so which one?

I'm sorry for the annoying questions, but I barely have any ideas about computers, I only used them because of work, for gaming I always played on consoles.

My ram specs from Speccy: 7.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1596MHz (22-22-22-52)

Solution
Good evening, fellow humans. I have an Asus ROG Zephyrus g14 laptop which came with 8gb of soldered ram, but I also have an extra ram slot for a potential upgrade. My question is, what kind of ram should I buy? Single channel I guess since it also says this one mine? Also, will the laptop use both rams or only one? If so which one?

I'm sorry for the annoying questions, but I barely have any ideas about computers, I only used them because of work, for gaming I always played on consoles.

Go here and run the scan.

Go here and run the scan.

Solution
When you add in a second ram dimm, you will be operating in dual channel mode. If the added ram is more than 8gb, the first matched 16gb will operate in dual channel mode and the odd 8gb in single channel mode.
You can only win with this since your original 8gb had to run single channel.

Kingston, crucial and others have upgrade apps.
Buy a stick that is explicitly recommended.
If you can't then buy one with the same specs of speed, voltage ... etc.