i have some airflow concerns about the cooler master's masterbox lite 5

THEwed123wet

Honorable
Nov 19, 2015
hey , i was searching a nice case under 50$ for my build with a r5 1600 and a gtx 1050ti (can't go any higher cuz of the mining craze + i tought it was a better to put the money on the cpu and upgrade when the prices go normal again)

at first i was planing to build it on a corsair 100r , 200r case , but then , i saw this master piece of a case on newegg for 50$ and i can't resist to put it on the build , it doesn't have a 5,25 inch bay tough but it's beautiness counter acts its lack of drive bays ,

but im a little concerned about his airflow , and the temps that i would get with that case, since it only has 2 TINY spaces where the air comes in, and since i don't plan to add case fans for know i fear that i would get to hot temps and i would not be able to oc my cpu with the stock cooler, and since i can't find any information about temps or airflow online i would like to ask you guys, how the temps are affected by the lack of ventilation holes for air intake, and the lack of holes for fans or air ventilation at the top + the fact that it only comes with one fan :/

Sedivy

Estimable
Er...according to the specs, the case does come with 3x120mm fans at the front or at least space for 3, and 1 in the back so that's pretty decent cooling if you do populate all fan slots. I maybe wouldn't go with that case if you intend to overclock but it's not like there's no ventilation at all.
But if you like the look and size and want something a bit more open, why not go for the cooler master's mastercase pro 3? Mind you it's a mATX system but it shouldn't cramp your OC if that's what you want?

THEwed123wet

Honorable
Nov 19, 2015

my only concern with the case are the tinny gaps from where the air comes in, beside that the case is perfect for me, the thing is that i can't find any information regarding temps/airflow

http://

this is the gap that im talking about

THEwed123wet

Honorable
Nov 19, 2015

Thank you so much! , this type of information it's what i was looking for... i think i would be going with this case!! :) ;)

The airflow isn't great and it isn't sold for its excellent cooling performance, but it's fine with a r5 1600 and a gtx 1050ti. That video is not very useful because it doesn't mention what components are used and the temperatures are not provided. I have a quiet case that provides poor airflow, but I have no issues because of the components that I installed in it.

Feb 25, 2018
Your CPU generates more heat than the r5 1600 and you still are using the stock cooler. A large CPU cooler like the excellent Cryorig H7 (nice cooler that clears the RAM) or one of the suggested CM coolers at http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/masterbox-lite-5/ will resolve your issue.

May 3, 2018
I have this case (RGB version). I used a Dremel tool to open up the bottom intake. You can double the size of the bottom intake while still using the dust filter. I really didn't need to as temps were just fine with Ryzen 7 1700 (OC to 3.85ghz @1.375v) & a Asus ROG 1070ti Strix. They were fine because I have a Cooler Master 120 aio liquid cooler that exhausted all CPU heat directly out back exhaust fan. I can definitely tell the difference in air flow out the back. I even feel a good amount of air coming out the mesh in the back (no fan present in this area). I might go for 3.9ghz, however I think I lost the silicone lottery and want to keep my voltage below 1.4v as next year I'll upgrade to newer Ryzen and keep this CPU and build a htpc & media server for family room so longevity is important to me for this chip. Would post some pics, but don't know how to here.